DuPont

www.dupont.com

DuPont Laboratory Technician Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Laboratory Technician Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in March 2012.

Interview within two days of initial notice. About 20 minute phone interview with several people on the line. Talked a lot about previous experience (albeit unrelated to the job I was applying for) and some future aspirations and things like that. Just tried to be relaxed, honest, and friendly and I'm glad it worked out; I was given an offer about a week or two later.

Interview Questions
  • How did you overcome difficulty/adversity?   View Answer
Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont in June 2011.

I got an email for a phone interview so long after applying that I forgot even applying in the first place. Then nothing for months then another phone interview asking the same behavior/situational questions as the first phone interview. Another month then a call for an onsite interview. I was used to one-on-one interview. This turned out to be a mass interview. I was part of a group of about half-a-dozen interviewees vying for about a dozen open positions. I was part of the third and last group interviewed. Everyone interviewed with two panels of two people. The questions were mostly situational, i.e. Have you ever been in this situation, if so what did you do? Very few technical questions about my knowledge, skills or experiences. I am more used to technical questions, i.e. how do you make such-and-such compound?

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a disagreement with a co-worker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever notice anyone that was doing something wrong or incorrectly? What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiating what-so-ever as the position was controlled by a union and pay, benefits, etc. set by contract. The positions were mostly entry level. Required to stay in position for 3-years before applying within the company for another position. Most of the new technicians move to better non-union positions after required time period.

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in May 2011.

I applied online to a posting for a position with multiple openings. Two group phone interviews with behavior-based scripted questions. Then I was in a group of about 6 applicants for an onsite interview with two more panel interviews with more scripted questions and a brief tour of the site. Then lunch with all the applicants and potential co-workers.

The scripted questions were mostly geared to determining how you would work in a team environment. Some questions were difficult because they asked for specific examples on how you dealt with a type of workplace situation which you may not have had to contend with. The lunch was enjoyable because you could assess the competition for the positions as well as evaluate your potential co-workers. The co-workers seemed satisfied with their positions and promotion from the ranks seems to be the norm. It seems like most people use the position as a stepping stone for more responsibility within the company. Career development seems to be a priority within the company. Teamwork is also a major focus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific example of a conflict with a co-worker and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Describe a specfic example where a co-worker's lack of production affected your work and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    You could not negotiate anything about the position because it falls under Union rules and everything is set under contract. This is good and/or bad depending on your view of Unions.