DuPont Pioneer Interview Questions in Des Moines, IA

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in April 2013.

Two phone interviews. The first was with a Sr Finance Manager, who become my supervisor now, the second was with Director of Finance Department. The two interviews are quite similar and they asked a couple of same questions, mainly about my previous internship experience and leadership experience at school. Every answer I made was dig in details, especially about Excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are normal, but went to details about my previous working experience.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Communication Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Was contacted for a phone interview, and completed a week after being contacted. Was then contacted the following week for a in-person interview. That formal interview took place two weeks later. I was told a decision would be made the following week. Never heard a word after the interview after trying to contact HR and hiring manager three separate times.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

I applied online - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

They want you to come there and never move from your position. So expressing a desire to move in the organization during your interview will hurt your chances.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I would want to move around since I was young.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Day-long interviews with team members.
    Presentation to entire team.
    Interviews with single team members or group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual or extraordinary. Some technical questions were a little off topic.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in September 2011.

Typically the company is very slow at getting back to candidates. It takes weeks sometimes to get them to call you back and they only call the top 10%. There were over 100 applicants for the position I applied for. I was asked a lot about my technical experience. I was asked a lot about problem solving skills that I had and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to work with someone that was difficult. What did you do?   View Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in May 2010.

The communications process to start was largely through the website. Be warned - a lot of the job positions listed are 'honey pots', not necessarily jobs that they are looking to require immediate staffing but a way of collecting resumes for future openings. (The jobs needing immediate staffing are also listed elsewhere, like Dice.)

The tone of the interview was a bit surprising - mostly questions asking to whether or not I felt the position would be challenging enough. After discussions with the larger group my interest in that specific group quickly waned.

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in December 2009.

Interview was casual, with the interviewer asking many thought provoking questions to make sure you can solve problems and work with other people. Some hypothetical questions were also asked, some of which didn't really make sense, but it seemed like they were basically trying to see your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • How can what you've learned in school help in the laboratory environment?   Answer Question
    They have a set rate they pay all of their temporary workers.

Worked for DuPont Pioneer? Contribute to the Community!