DuPont Pioneer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. The first was with a Sr Finance Manager, who become my supervisor now, the second was with Director of Finance Department. The two interviews are quite similar and they asked a couple of same questions, mainly about my previous internship experience and leadership experience at school. Every answer I made was dig in details, especially about Excel skills.

Interview Question – Questions are normal, but went to details about my previous working experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Communication Coordinator Interview

Communication Coordinator
Johnston, IA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a phone interview, and completed a week after being contacted. Was then contacted the following week for a in-person interview. That formal interview took place two weeks later. I was told a decision would be made the following week. Never heard a word after the interview after trying to contact HR and hiring manager three separate times.

Interview Question – Name one failure.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Johnston, IA

I applied online and interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – They want you to come there and never move from your position. So expressing a desire to move in the organization during your interview will hurt your chances.

Interview Question – They asked me if I would want to move around since I was young.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Johnston, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – Day-long interviews with team members.
Presentation to entire team.
Interviews with single team members or group.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual or extraordinary. Some technical questions were a little off topic.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Johnston, IA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in September 2011.

Interview Details – Typically the company is very slow at getting back to candidates. It takes weeks sometimes to get them to call you back and they only call the top 10%. There were over 100 applicants for the position I applied for. I was asked a lot about my technical experience. I was asked a lot about problem solving skills that I had and why I wanted the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to work with someone that was difficult. What did you do?   View Answer

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in May 2010.

Interview Details – The communications process to start was largely through the website. Be warned - a lot of the job positions listed are 'honey pots', not necessarily jobs that they are looking to require immediate staffing but a way of collecting resumes for future openings. (The jobs needing immediate staffing are also listed elsewhere, like Dice.)

The tone of the interview was a bit surprising - mostly questions asking to whether or not I felt the position would be challenging enough. After discussions with the larger group my interest in that specific group quickly waned.

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Temporary Research Assistant
Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was casual, with the interviewer asking many thought provoking questions to make sure you can solve problems and work with other people. Some hypothetical questions were also asked, some of which didn't really make sense, but it seemed like they were basically trying to see your thought process.

Interview Question – How can what you've learned in school help in the laboratory environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set rate they pay all of their temporary workers.

Worked for DuPont Pioneer? Contribute to the Community!