DuPont Pioneer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.9

Production Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Must fill out on line application through DuPont as they own Pioneer.
    web site can be difficult to navigate. often wonder if your submissions get lost in the IT desert and never to be seen again.
    They auto sort by outside third party that will also conduct a phone interview. If you pass this and they will tell you on the phone they will then schedule you for a face to face.
    Face to face is a three person panel one from management one from HR and a Representative from production in the plant. This is a scored interview according g to how questions are answered not sure how they score as the same answer can get different scores in every interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have been in and what did you do?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Contacted by recruiter. Went in for interview, showed around facility and lab. Asked to talk about my previous lab experiences and work. Talked about experience growing up on a farm and working with crops. Talked about experience working independently with insects in laboratory at college.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a difficulty you came across in your research and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    "This is the wage we can pay"

Dupont Pioneer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Within one day of the position closing I received a phone call and had a phone interview. The lady that I spoke with was very nice and knowledgeable of DuPont Pioneer. Very Casual and stress free conversation. I am currently in the middle of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions, nothing unexpected. Standard questions in order to determine if I was qualified to come on site for a formal interview.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in October 2013.

Was called for a first round interview one day and scheduled it for the next. Questions were centered mainly on my research experiences and how I responded to certain situations. Got invited for second round 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • This role has a lot of information management, are you prepared to go into that and have to put aside research at times?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Very well done. They had a panel that worked well together

Interview Questions
    • What has been your biggest contribution to your company.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Phone interview followed by an on site interview. Very simple process with normal behavioral based interview questions. The onsite interview included a tour and panel interview. 4 panels and about 4 hours total interview time. Offer was made around a week after interviews were complete. Drug test was required.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very common behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when....- How would you handle...?   Answer Question
    Offer was made and details about the offer were explained. No negotiation. Two weeks notice was given to my previous employer and I started within a month. Relocation was necessary.

Communication Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Was contacted for a phone interview, and completed a week after being contacted. Was then contacted the following week for a in-person interview. That formal interview took place two weeks later. I was told a decision would be made the following week. Never heard a word after the interview after trying to contact HR and hiring manager three separate times.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer in April 2013.

Two phone interviews. The first was with a Sr Finance Manager, who become my supervisor now, the second was with Director of Finance Department. The two interviews are quite similar and they asked a couple of same questions, mainly about my previous internship experience and leadership experience at school. Every answer I made was dig in details, especially about Excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are normal, but went to details about my previous working experience.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in April 2013.

Applied online and got an email to move forward for an phone interview. It is pretty standard behavioral question type interview. The lady is very nice and it went well. Although I didn't get the position, she forwarded my resume to another department which she thought might fit me better. She notified me personally by phone that they picked someone else

Interview Questions
    • It is basically. There is one questions, how do you feel about finance, which I didn't answer it very well   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

They want you to come there and never move from your position. So expressing a desire to move in the organization during your interview will hurt your chances.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I would want to move around since I was young.   Answer Question