DuPont Pioneer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

First we had an in-person interview where we discussed my background and skills. They asked probing questions to make sure that I understood at a deep level. They asked both "HR" and "data science" type questions. Then they sent me an coding challenge test, then came the final interview in Iowa. Everyone was very nice and friendly, but they definitely checked to make sure I knew my stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use PLS over PCA? Which type of regularization does LASSO regression use?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

2 stage interview where there was an informal informational gathering interview then another more formal interview with the entire group and any other individuals whom I'd work closely with. The first interview was a meeting with the hiring manager to describe the role. The second interview was with the full group and one additional person who worked in a shared space. Offers are usually made within the week and a similar time to either accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Overall work ethic questions.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview, and then 3 hour face-to-face interview. All of these went very well, but the hiring process is a joke. This company is not serious about hiring anyone. 2 months after the interview, I got a rejection email only to have this job posted again on the job boards even after having all preferred qualifications. I will never apply for this company again. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All interview questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Must fill out on line application through DuPont as they own Pioneer. web site can be difficult to navigate. often wonder if your submissions get lost in the IT desert and never to be seen again. They auto sort by outside third party that will also conduct a phone interview. If you pass this and they will tell you on the phone they will then schedule you for a face to face. Face to face is a three person panel one from management one from HR and a Representative from production in the plant. This is a scored interview according g to how questions are answered not sure how they score as the same answer can get different scores in every interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have been in and what did you do?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Went in for interview, showed around facility and lab. Asked to talk about my previous lab experiences and work. Talked about experience growing up on a farm and working with crops. Talked about experience working independently with insects in laboratory at college.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a difficulty you came across in your research and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

"This is the wage we can pay"

Dupont Pioneer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Within one day of the position closing I received a phone call and had a phone interview. The lady that I spoke with was very nice and knowledgeable of DuPont Pioneer. Very Casual and stress free conversation. I am currently in the middle of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, nothing unexpected. Standard questions in order to determine if I was qualified to come on site for a formal interview.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in October 2013.

Interview

Was called for a first round interview one day and scheduled it for the next. Questions were centered mainly on my research experiences and how I responded to certain situations. Got invited for second round 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• This role has a lot of information management, are you prepared to go into that and have to put aside research at times?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Very well done. They had a panel that worked well together

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest contribution to your company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Macomb, IL).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview. Very simple process with normal behavioral based interview questions. The onsite interview included a tour and panel interview. 4 panels and about 4 hours total interview time. Offer was made around a week after interviews were complete. Drug test was required.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very common behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when....- How would you handle...?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made and details about the offer were explained. No negotiation. Two weeks notice was given to my previous employer and I started within a month. Relocation was necessary.

Communication Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA).

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, and completed a week after being contacted. Was then contacted the following week for a in-person interview. That formal interview took place two weeks later. I was told a decision would be made the following week. Never heard a word after the interview after trying to contact HR and hiring manager three separate times.