DuPont Pioneer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.9

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA).

Interview

Day-long interviews with team members.
    Presentation to entire team.
    Interviews with single team members or group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual or extraordinary. Some technical questions were a little off topic.   Answer Question

Productivity Improvement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dysart, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Dysart, IA) in June 2012.

Interview

I found the listing in a local paper. I got a call for an interview about 2 weeks after posting my resume and cover letter through the website. I was surprised by the call; even though I have good experience related to the job, I do not have industry-specific knowledge. I interviewed two plant managers at the same time. Within a week, I got a call for a second interview. In the second interview, I spoke with two people from the corporate office, also together. Both interviews consisted of scripted questions that were likely part of a set pool. Aside from clarifying questions, neither interview deviated from the script. Within 24 hours of the second interview, I got a phone message requesting references, which I emailed right away. (I later found out that none of my references had been called.) Unfortunately, I never heard back from any of the interviewers, despite several messages and emails to follow up. This was disappointing because the whole process was very professional up to this point. After being told that only 2-3 people would be back for a second interview, I expected a courtesy call to let me know that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were behavior-based. I was asked about a time when I witnessed something unethical at work and what my response was. I answered the question with a specific example, but I was not comfortable airing my former employer's "dirty laundry", as this type of situation is often sensitive.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Typically the company is very slow at getting back to candidates. It takes weeks sometimes to get them to call you back and they only call the top 10%. There were over 100 applicants for the position I applied for. I was asked a lot about my technical experience. I was asked a lot about problem solving skills that I had and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work with someone that was difficult. What did you do?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

The communications process to start was largely through the website. Be warned - a lot of the job positions listed are 'honey pots', not necessarily jobs that they are looking to require immediate staffing but a way of collecting resumes for future openings. (The jobs needing immediate staffing are also listed elsewhere, like Dice.)

The tone of the interview was a bit surprising - mostly questions asking to whether or not I felt the position would be challenging enough. After discussions with the larger group my interest in that specific group quickly waned.

Field Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doniphan, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Doniphan, NE) in May 2010.

Interview

I just went in to the Pioneer plant by my hometown and got an application. There wasn't a formal interview or anything. They called me up and told me what they were going to pay and asked if i wanted the job. I said yes and started the next week.

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview was casual, with the interviewer asking many thought provoking questions to make sure you can solve problems and work with other people. Some hypothetical questions were also asked, some of which didn't really make sense, but it seemed like they were basically trying to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How can what you've learned in school help in the laboratory environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a set rate they pay all of their temporary workers.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer in May 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview, two weeks later in person interview, one month later offer was made, and I started 4 months later

Interview Questions

• What is the most appropriate field design for random field variation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation was done. Although I would have asked for some additional relocation money. Everything else was fine.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhull, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Woodhull, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

one interview by 6 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiatable

Software Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

it took long process of selection almost 5-6 interview round including telephonic and f2f round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave what i asked

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview