DuPont Pioneer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Technician Interview

Production Technician
Woodhull, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in July 2008.

Interview Details – one interview by 6 people.

Interview Question – how would you change something you did in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiatable

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Johnston, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – Day-long interviews with team members.
Presentation to entire team.
Interviews with single team members or group.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual or extraordinary. Some technical questions were a little off topic.   Answer Question

Productivity Improvement Coordinator Interview

Productivity Improvement Coordinator
Dysart, IA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in June 2012.

Interview Details – I found the listing in a local paper. I got a call for an interview about 2 weeks after posting my resume and cover letter through the website. I was surprised by the call; even though I have good experience related to the job, I do not have industry-specific knowledge. I interviewed two plant managers at the same time. Within a week, I got a call for a second interview. In the second interview, I spoke with two people from the corporate office, also together. Both interviews consisted of scripted questions that were likely part of a set pool. Aside from clarifying questions, neither interview deviated from the script. Within 24 hours of the second interview, I got a phone message requesting references, which I emailed right away. (I later found out that none of my references had been called.) Unfortunately, I never heard back from any of the interviewers, despite several messages and emails to follow up. This was disappointing because the whole process was very professional up to this point. After being told that only 2-3 people would be back for a second interview, I expected a courtesy call to let me know that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – All of the questions were behavior-based. I was asked about a time when I witnessed something unethical at work and what my response was. I answered the question with a specific example, but I was not comfortable airing my former employer's "dirty laundry", as this type of situation is often sensitive.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Johnston, IA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in September 2011.

Interview Details – Typically the company is very slow at getting back to candidates. It takes weeks sometimes to get them to call you back and they only call the top 10%. There were over 100 applicants for the position I applied for. I was asked a lot about my technical experience. I was asked a lot about problem solving skills that I had and why I wanted the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to work with someone that was difficult. What did you do?   View Answer

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in May 2010.

Interview Details – The communications process to start was largely through the website. Be warned - a lot of the job positions listed are 'honey pots', not necessarily jobs that they are looking to require immediate staffing but a way of collecting resumes for future openings. (The jobs needing immediate staffing are also listed elsewhere, like Dice.)

The tone of the interview was a bit surprising - mostly questions asking to whether or not I felt the position would be challenging enough. After discussions with the larger group my interest in that specific group quickly waned.

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Temporary Research Assistant
Johnston, IA

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was casual, with the interviewer asking many thought provoking questions to make sure you can solve problems and work with other people. Some hypothetical questions were also asked, some of which didn't really make sense, but it seemed like they were basically trying to see your thought process.

Interview Question – How can what you've learned in school help in the laboratory environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set rate they pay all of their temporary workers.

Software Test Automation Engineer Interview

Software Test Automation Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in October 2013.

Interview Details – it took long process of selection almost 5-6 interview round including telephonic and f2f round.

Interview Question – nothing much   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave what i asked

Summer Field Researcher Interview

Summer Field Researcher
Woodstock, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through my high school job search program & got the job!

Interview Question – None, pre-selected to apply.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Temporary Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then in-person interview

Interview Question – Least favorite task   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online; while applying I was out of country. The interviewer waited until I came back (a nice person). Called me over telephone and asked me few general questions regd. interests, techniques etc. Called me for an interview the very next day. The interview was with 5 people each one with different backgrounds. lasted for almost 3 hours ( i was really tired after the interview, sigh!!) . Was offered the job in a week's time. Starting from telephonic interview to joining took 2 weeks...

Interview Question – Interview was mostly based on previous experience..towards end for half an hour, questions on "How you want this job"? and such ones...   Answer Question