DuPont Pioneer

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate

I applied online - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was called for a first round interview one day and scheduled it for the next. Questions were centered mainly on my research experiences and how I responded to certain situations. Got invited for second round 5 days later.

Interview Question – This role has a lot of information management, are you prepared to go into that and have to put aside research at times?   Answer Question

Macomb, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an on site interview. Very simple process with normal behavioral based interview questions. The onsite interview included a tour and panel interview. 4 panels and about 4 hours total interview time. Offer was made around a week after interviews were complete. Drug test was required.

Interview Question – All questions were very common behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when....- How would you handle...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made and details about the offer were explained. No negotiation. Two weeks notice was given to my previous employer and I started within a month. Relocation was necessary.

Johnston, IA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in September 2011.

Interview Details – Typically the company is very slow at getting back to candidates. It takes weeks sometimes to get them to call you back and they only call the top 10%. There were over 100 applicants for the position I applied for. I was asked a lot about my technical experience. I was asked a lot about problem solving skills that I had and why I wanted the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to work with someone that was difficult. What did you do?   View Answer

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online; while applying I was out of country. The interviewer waited until I came back (a nice person). Called me over telephone and asked me few general questions regd. interests, techniques etc. Called me for an interview the very next day. The interview was with 5 people each one with different backgrounds. lasted for almost 3 hours ( i was really tired after the interview, sigh!!) . Was offered the job in a week's time. Starting from telephonic interview to joining took 2 weeks...

Interview Question – Interview was mostly based on previous experience..towards end for half an hour, questions on "How you want this job"? and such ones...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DuPont Pioneer

Worked for DuPont Pioneer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont Pioneer Research Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by DuPont Pioneer employees and interview candidates.