DuPont

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a phone interview. They asked specific questions about my background to see if I was a fit. I was told that they were interested in me and would get back to me. Later, I received an automated e-mail from HR saying that I wasn't selected. I called, and they said this was sent in error.

I eventually got an interview for a half day. It was very rushed with people asking rapid situational, behavior, outcome questions. I was also asked to make a sales consulting presentation where they role played the customers that I would be consulting with. I spent a lot of quality time putting together a sales proposal that they could use in the future.

I didn't get the offer, but I sensed that the group or leadership was arrogant (they indicated that they had lots of candidates to choose from). Once they declined me, I tried to get specific reasons why I wasn't a good fit so that I could improve the way I presented myself. They weren't very open to provide specifics.

Interview Question – They asked me to prepare a consulting proposal based on the scenario that the current Sales Manager was out sick and you as the project manager had to pick up the presentation and convince a skeptical group of clients (with political motives) about how our consulting services will help them reduce injuries and improve operating costs.   Answer Question

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!