DuPont Research Investigator Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I sent the application letter to the job host, and first had a phone chat with one of the research investigators in DuPont CR&D. After introducing myself and my research, she was rushing to ask me and send her some research slides for next step phone interview. They kept asking me many detail technical questions during my phone interview, and I was invited for an on-site interview three weeks later. The on-site interview included a dinner with the manager before the visit day and the next full day including the research presentation and several one-on-one meetings. Many detail technical and behavior questions were asked, and some of them were really challenging, but should be normally prepared. I felt not too bad for the entire interview process, but I was told to not be considered any more two weeks later without any reason noticed.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all of them, but some examples: why do you choose the industrial job? what is your research purpose? what can you contribute in the company? if you can choose anything, what's do you want to do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Research Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Submitted CV through campus recruitment and got interviewed after two weeks. The interviewer came to campus and held an info session a day before recruitment. Both research related and behavior questions were included during the interview. The whole process took about half an hour and was quite smooth. No tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you need to persuade other people to change their mind   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about One months later. Three people on the phone. They talk about the Company then I said about my job experience. One week later have an onsite interview. Still the same persons on the phone interview. So just go through more details about what I had done before and some behavioral questions. Another week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions such as How do you handle tough coworker or What is your idea job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and get invited to an on-site interview. Had dinner with the managers the night before . Gave a 45-minute seminar the next day, followed by one on one meeting with seven people, a round table discussion and a green house tour.

People are very nice there, and seem like love their work and company very much.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont in February 2011.

Interview

The interview started with an initial email cordially inviting me for an onsite interview. I was informed that it would be approximately nine hours. The day began by meeting my guide, whom made me feel very comfortable. Throughout the day I meet with about twenty people, with interviews ranging from one on one to panel discussions. Lunch was also included!

Interview Questions

• Please explain to us everything about the undergraduate research you have conducted thus far.   Answer Question