DuPont

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont.

Interview Details – There were 2 screening telephone interviews. Both of them asked about background information, technical and behavioral questions. Then they set up an on-site interview which lasted a day. I was asked to give a talk at the on-site interview, and meet with a few interview panels.

Research Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at DuPont.

Interview Details – Really nice interviewers including a couple of scientists and a recruiter. Start with my own project and they quickly went over my research. Then introduce their requirement for this particular position and ask me specific questions like how to work with equipments. Then we have some casual talk about life style. In general, it's a comfortable interview but I did not move forward.

Interview Question – Try to explain why you think you are the one for this job.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at DuPont in September 2013.

Interview Details – Give me brief introduction about my work and then asked me few behavior questions, like leadership and teamwork. After that, I asked few questions about Dupont. The interviewer told me he will let me know the decision within 4 to 6 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you initiate a new project?   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont.

Interview Details – A phone interview and then got a call for onsite interview. Had dinner with two people on the day arrived which itself felt like a 3 hr interview. Next day made a 45 min presentation and one on one intvw with 9 other people including HR.

Wilmington, DE

The process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through university recruitment and got a 2 on 1 interview. The two interviewers were pretty nice and sociable but seemed kind of bored and uninterested in the interview. Afterwards they could not give much insight as to when to expect to hear back from the company regarding a second-round interview, and I was not contacted again. Straight-forward behavioral and resume type questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with...from your resume   Answer Question

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my university career services site and received an invitation for a campus interview. The interview was conducted by a company scientist and consisted of general questions about my background and a few behavioral questions. Weeks later I received a follow-up e-mail with an invitation to schedule a phone interview; however, I declined having accepted a position at another company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical problem you have solved in a creative way.   Answer Question
  • Can you tell me about some situations when you've demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Research Scientist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in October 2009.

Interview Details – It's on campus interview. Just required to describe the problems I have met in my research and how I resolved my problems. No further common questions.

Interview Question – what's your most complex problem in your research?   Answer Question

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!