DuPont Interview Questions in Wilmington, DE

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DuPont in March 2015.

First is phone call interview. I talk to about 3 people. The questions are almost behaviour questions. It last about half hours. Wasn't difficult. After that was on site interview. This last all day, first they show me the factory then lanch than interview. Not much tech questions, asked about the chi-squared and something about data set.

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont.

A former coworker from another job called me because he was being promoted to another department and wanted a good person to fill his position. So I applied on line and interviewed (twice) in the same month. First interview was with some of the team members with whom I would be working. Second one was one on one with department director. At both interviews, they made sure I was comfortable and in a relaxed atmosphere (offered water, coffee, tea)

Interview Questions
    • Typical what would you do if, and tell me about a time when... I knew half the interview panel because I had dealt with them professionally (safety can be a small community!)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DuPont.

I sent the application letter to the job host, and first had a phone chat with one of the research investigators in DuPont CR&D. After introducing myself and my research, she was rushing to ask me and send her some research slides for next step phone interview. They kept asking me many detail technical questions during my phone interview, and I was invited for an on-site interview three weeks later. The on-site interview included a dinner with the manager before the visit day and the next full day including the research presentation and several one-on-one meetings. Many detail technical and behavior questions were asked, and some of them were really challenging, but should be normally prepared. I felt not too bad for the entire interview process, but I was told to not be considered any more two weeks later without any reason noticed.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember all of them, but some examples: why do you choose the industrial job? what is your research purpose? what can you contribute in the company? if you can choose anything, what's do you want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont.

Applied online and got a phone interview about One months later. Three people on the phone. They talk about the Company then I said about my job experience. One week later have an onsite interview. Still the same persons on the phone interview. So just go through more details about what I had done before and some behavioral questions. Another week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions such as How do you handle tough coworker or What is your idea job.   Answer Question

Sourcing and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont.

Applied online. Selected for phone interview. I got the offer. The salary was good and the company had a good reputation, therefore I accepted the offer. We had a two week long on boarding session.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont in April 2014.

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question

Statistical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont in March 2014.

University has a program with DuPont. Students submit their resumes. Some will be picked to be interviewed.
    Usually they ask some behavior questions and information on your resume. Not much technical questions.

Scientist - Molecular Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont.

Phone interview with multiple scientists followed by an onsite visit. Interview questions will consist of standard HR questions as well as scientific ones. The onsite visit will be a very long day. Be prepared for a few hostile interviewers. Central research appears to prefer hiring persons who are well-networked.

Commercial Development Program - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

First I had a 30-45 min. phone interview with the program manager (behavior-based questions) and after a week I received an invitation for an on-site interview. I had two 45min. interviews with 2 engineers on each one. First they talk about them and the position. After that they start asking behavior-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked commercial/business related question and how can you apply your engineer skills to the business unit.   Answer Question

Field Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont in October 2013.

You apply online. They only interview candidates that have had technical internships. If you pass the prescreening they call you for a 45 min phone interview where they ask about your work experience and then a couple behavioral questions. If you get invited for a site interview they send you to headquarters where you do 3 interviews with supervisors. All interviews are behavioral based but they discuss your work and technical experience a lot

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with different personalities in a group and how did you handle that   Answer Question