DuPont Interview Questions in Wilmington, DE

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. applied online and received a phone call around 4 days after, then got invited to an onsite interview about 3 weeks after. General interview STAR format, 3 interviews with 3 different managers with lunch between 2nd and 3rd interviews. Lots of questions about diversity and leadership as well as job experience. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Three other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict in the work place because of diversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tough with two sessions of three interviewers. They asked good situational questions to get you thinking about your prior laboratory experiences. It was a great experience to get to know some of the staff. There is not much you can prepare for, it is all based on your experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do if you were using a new chemical?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Very intense, full day with multiple interviews by all levels of staff. Started in early morning with one interview after another and a 5-10 break in between. Includes peers, managers and senior leadership in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join? (and other technical questions)   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

It was not bad if you prepare. Know details about your research experience. Also look up behavioral questions. First I had a phone interview with 2 people. 2 weeks later an on site interview where I had lunch with employees, a tour of where I could work, and 2 panel interviews.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First is phone call interview. I talk to about 3 people. The questions are almost behaviour questions. It last about half hours. Wasn't difficult. After that was on site interview. This last all day, first they show me the factory then lanch than interview. Not much tech questions, asked about the chi-squared and something about data set.

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

A former coworker from another job called me because he was being promoted to another department and wanted a good person to fill his position. So I applied on line and interviewed (twice) in the same month. First interview was with some of the team members with whom I would be working. Second one was one on one with department director. At both interviews, they made sure I was comfortable and in a relaxed atmosphere (offered water, coffee, tea)

Interview Questions

• Typical what would you do if, and tell me about a time when... I knew half the interview panel because I had dealt with them professionally (safety can be a small community!)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I sent the application letter to the job host, and first had a phone chat with one of the research investigators in DuPont CR&D. After introducing myself and my research, she was rushing to ask me and send her some research slides for next step phone interview. They kept asking me many detail technical questions during my phone interview, and I was invited for an on-site interview three weeks later. The on-site interview included a dinner with the manager before the visit day and the next full day including the research presentation and several one-on-one meetings. Many detail technical and behavior questions were asked, and some of them were really challenging, but should be normally prepared. I felt not too bad for the entire interview process, but I was told to not be considered any more two weeks later without any reason noticed.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all of them, but some examples: why do you choose the industrial job? what is your research purpose? what can you contribute in the company? if you can choose anything, what's do you want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about One months later. Three people on the phone. They talk about the Company then I said about my job experience. One week later have an onsite interview. Still the same persons on the phone interview. So just go through more details about what I had done before and some behavioral questions. Another week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions such as How do you handle tough coworker or What is your idea job.   Answer Question

Sourcing and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied online. Selected for phone interview. I got the offer. The salary was good and the company had a good reputation, therefore I accepted the offer. We had a two week long on boarding session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question