Duff & Phelps Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great it was so nice to meet everyone on the team that I would be working with after my first phone screen. Coming into the office was great and it really gave me a feel for the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Interview

On Campus Interview. The interviewer was a VP from Investment Banking division. Straight forward. Got one valuation question wrong and he actually spent time and explained it to me.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed valuation and technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with Duff and Phelps a few months ago. I had gotten an e-mail that said they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me that day. I was in class and responded from my blackberry asking if they could do it another day or at least an hour after I got out of class to give myself some time to prepare. They said it had to be that day because they were moving along in the interview process and scheduled me for 2:30, I got out of class at 2:15. I complied figuring it would be more of a personality interview if they were rushing me this much. I had barely walked through my door when my phone rang. It was fine they asked some personality questions, but then started asking me about the company and some more technical financial and accounting questions. This would not have been a hard interview if I had had a little time to prepare. I knew it did not go well because my answers were sloppy and unprepared but I sent an e-mail to say thank you anyway. I never heard back from my e-mail or from the company in general. This left a bad taste in my mouth for Duff and Phelps and I felt it was a bad way to conduct the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the connection between the income statement and the balance of payment statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

They first contacted me through e-mail to set up a time to have a phone interview. I spoke with the director of the department. Asked questions from behavioral to technical including finance and accounting questions. The technical questions were straight forward, but the behavioral were somewhat hard behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in April 2007.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. After a good experience there I was offered to visit the office for a series of interviews with the members of the group I was applying for.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a couple of behavioral questions and some technical, finance related questions. the technical questions asked things like the effect of changing depreciation expense has on the bottom line, and what is beta?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2008.

Interview

This works with the typical apply online, phone conversation, group interview, "superday" process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.