Duff & Phelps Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

On Campus Interview. The interviewer was a VP from Investment Banking division. Straight forward. Got one valuation question wrong and he actually spent time and explained it to me.

Interview Questions
  • Very detailed valuation and technical questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

I had a preliminary phone interview with Duff and Phelps a few months ago. I had gotten an e-mail that said they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me that day. I was in class and responded from my blackberry asking if they could do it another day or at least an hour after I got out of class to give myself some time to prepare. They said it had to be that day because they were moving along in the interview process and scheduled me for 2:30, I got out of class at 2:15. I complied figuring it would be more of a personality interview if they were rushing me this much. I had barely walked through my door when my phone rang. It was fine they asked some personality questions, but then started asking me about the company and some more technical financial and accounting questions. This would not have been a hard interview if I had had a little time to prepare. I knew it did not go well because my answers were sloppy and unprepared but I sent an e-mail to say thank you anyway. I never heard back from my e-mail or from the company in general. This left a bad taste in my mouth for Duff and Phelps and I felt it was a bad way to conduct the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the connection between the income statement and the balance of payment statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2009.

alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in January 2009.

They first contacted me through e-mail to set up a time to have a phone interview. I spoke with the director of the department. Asked questions from behavioral to technical including finance and accounting questions. The technical questions were straight forward, but the behavioral were somewhat hard behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2007.

Initial interview was over the phone. After a good experience there I was offered to visit the office for a series of interviews with the members of the group I was applying for.

Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

The interview consisted of a couple of behavioral questions and some technical, finance related questions. the technical questions asked things like the effect of changing depreciation expense has on the bottom line, and what is beta?

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2008.

This works with the typical apply online, phone conversation, group interview, "superday" process.

I did not negotiate.