Duff & Phelps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Interview Details – Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Question – The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview was 1:1 on campus. 2nd round was at their office in Chicago.

Interview Question – How do you get equity value from enterprise value?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview through career services at my university. I was invited to a 2nd round at their HQ in Chicago with about 10 other applicants. They had a dinner the night before the interviews and the interviews consisted of 5 different 30-minute conversations in various offices with different employees.

Interview Question – Describe the effect of depreciation on the income statement, statement of cash flows, and the balance sheet.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with service line leader, managing director responsible for supporting me, and employee at my level of hiring. Answered basic interview questions about what I could bring to the practice, experience, skills, and thoughts about what I would be doing.

Interview Question – As a senior hire, was a very standard interview, so not much unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much in terms of negotiation, as it was 2011 and we were still in a recession. I knew my market value, and they more or less matched it.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round - On campus interview, more of a conversation. Second round consisted of 5 office interviews roughly 30 minutes each with VP's and above. Technical and behavioral type quesitons presented with some light conversaiton about background and experiences thrown into the mix

Interview Question – How do you value a private company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and signing bonus were non-negotiable

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was an on-campus interview, which was very straight forward and just asked you to go over your experience/skills. A few people got the 2nd round interview which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with VP's and above.

Again, there wasn't many technical questions. It was merely going through your resume and triyng to relate it to their position. Overall, pretty easy interview but they took a while to get back.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just why you want the job, how your experience will make you successful, etc.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.

Interview Question – Describe for me how you would value a company?   Answer Question

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

Interview Details – asked technical questions

what is valuation?
what is cost of capital?
what is market premium?
future value present value equation?
what does capm ask for ?

Interview Question – what are your closing arguements. why should i choose you for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1.know your finance concepts
2.research current events discuss about em

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!