Duff & Phelps Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

8 interviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

1st round interview was 1:1 on campus. 2nd round was at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get equity value from enterprise value?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2012.

I got a first round interview through career services at my university. I was invited to a 2nd round at their HQ in Chicago with about 10 other applicants. They had a dinner the night before the interviews and the interviews consisted of 5 different 30-minute conversations in various offices with different employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the effect of depreciation on the income statement, statement of cash flows, and the balance sheet.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2011.

Met with service line leader, managing director responsible for supporting me, and employee at my level of hiring. Answered basic interview questions about what I could bring to the practice, experience, skills, and thoughts about what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • As a senior hire, was a very standard interview, so not much unexpected.   Answer Question
    Not much in terms of negotiation, as it was 2011 and we were still in a recession. I knew my market value, and they more or less matched it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

First round - On campus interview, more of a conversation. Second round consisted of 5 office interviews roughly 30 minutes each with VP's and above. Technical and behavioral type quesitons presented with some light conversaiton about background and experiences thrown into the mix

Interview Questions
    Salary and signing bonus were non-negotiable

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

There was an on-campus interview, which was very straight forward and just asked you to go over your experience/skills. A few people got the 2nd round interview which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with VP's and above.

Again, there wasn't many technical questions. It was merely going through your resume and triyng to relate it to their position. Overall, pretty easy interview but they took a while to get back.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just why you want the job, how your experience will make you successful, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.

Valuation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

asked technical questions

what is valuation?
    what is cost of capital?
    what is market premium?
    future value present value equation?
    what does capm ask for ?

Interview Questions
    • what are your closing arguements. why should i choose you for this position   Answer Question
    1.know your finance concepts
    2.research current events discuss about em

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!