Duff & Phelps

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dispute Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, and received an email to schedule an on-campus interview. Met with a VP of Dispute Consulting and was asked questions both behavioral based and technical. I suggest knowing how to assess a stock and how you would go about investing in the right one. Be personable and expect to dig deep into your answers.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?
What was the worst presentation you ever gave?
A time you failed?
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview through career services at my university. I was invited to a 2nd round at their HQ in Chicago with about 10 other applicants. They had a dinner the night before the interviews and the interviews consisted of 5 different 30-minute conversations in various offices with different employees.

Interview Question – Describe the effect of depreciation on the income statement, statement of cash flows, and the balance sheet.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round - On campus interview, more of a conversation. Second round consisted of 5 office interviews roughly 30 minutes each with VP's and above. Technical and behavioral type quesitons presented with some light conversaiton about background and experiences thrown into the mix

Interview Question – How do you value a private company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and signing bonus were non-negotiable

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.

Interview Question – Describe for me how you would value a company?   Answer Question

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!