Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps
- Valuation Analyst (27)
- Analyst (7)
- Investment Banking Analyst (7)
- Dispute Consulting Analyst (5)
- Real Estate Analyst (5)
- Dispute Consultant (4)
- Intern (3)
- Valuation Intern (3)
- Investment Banking Associate (2)
- Strategic Value Advisory (2)
- Strategic Value Advisory Analyst (1)
- Financial Engineering Internship (1)
- Valuation Services Senior Associate (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Transfer Pricing (1)
- Analyst, Corporate Finance (1)
- Corporate Finance Analyst (1)
- Legal Management Consulting Analyst (1)
- Associate (1)
- Advisory (1)
- Director (1)
- Corporate Finance (1)
- Transfer Pricing Analyst (1)
- Valuation (1)
- Valuation Advisory Analyst (1)
- Dispute Consulting Intern (1)
- Complex Asset Solution Analyst (1)
- Valuation Summer Analyst (1)
Dispute Consultant Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps.
Applied through campus recruiting, and received an email to schedule an on-campus interview. Met with a VP of Dispute Consulting and was asked questions both behavioral based and technical. I suggest knowing how to assess a stock and how you would go about investing in the right one. Be personable and expect to dig deep into your answers.
- What are your weaknesses?
What was the worst presentation you ever gave?
A time you failed? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps
Dispute Consultant InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.
I got a first round interview through career services at my university. I was invited to a 2nd round at their HQ in Chicago with about 10 other applicants. They had a dinner the night before the interviews and the interviews consisted of 5 different 30-minute conversations in various offices with different employees.
- Describe the effect of depreciation on the income statement, statement of cash flows, and the balance sheet. Answer Question
Dispute Consultant InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.
There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.
- Describe for me how you would value a company? Answer Question
Dispute Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.
First round - On campus interview, more of a conversation. Second round consisted of 5 office interviews roughly 30 minutes each with VP's and above. Technical and behavioral type quesitons presented with some light conversaiton about background and experiences thrown into the mix
- How do you value a private company. Answer Question
Salary and signing bonus were non-negotiable