Duff & Phelps

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Consisted of a screening call, technical interview via phone, and and on site interview which required 5 30 minute one-on-one interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – How do you expect you can contribute most to this firm?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found another position at a firm I wanted to work at more.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – Hands down the most technical interview that I ever had.

Interview Question – How do you calculate Beta for a private company?
Whats the effect of $100mm issuance of debt on a company's financials at year 1?
Can you walk me through an LBO?
Why do they consider Mergers a P/E game?
  Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Dispute Consulting Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screen then went in for 4, 30 minute interviews. Took the applicants to lunch afterwards. Basic behavioral questions, but each interviewer asked how you would value a company.

Interview Question – How would you value a company?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Intern Interview

Dispute Consulting Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Recruiting was done through my school's career center website. Normal resume and cover letter drop. First was a phone interview, and then a superday which consisted of 4 back to back interviews. Surprisingly no technical questions

Interview Question – Explain how to win an argument   Answer Question

Valuation Advisory Analyst Interview

Valuation Advisory Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – it was a phone interview. The person was really really nice. both behaviour and technical, very luckly, got to second round.

Interview Question – many questions regarding behaviour, you need examples for each one.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Question – resume and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Question – Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – The manager did screen interview and they dont do sponsorship. The interview was pretty casual, and HR is pretty nice.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

Negotiation Details – They beat another offer I had

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!