Duff & Phelps

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Consisted of a screening call, technical interview via phone, and and on site interview which required 5 30 minute one-on-one interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – How do you expect you can contribute most to this firm?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found another position at a firm I wanted to work at more.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – Hands down the most technical interview that I ever had.

Interview Question – How do you calculate Beta for a private company?
Whats the effect of $100mm issuance of debt on a company's financials at year 1?
Can you walk me through an LBO?
Why do they consider Mergers a P/E game?
  Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Dispute Consulting Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screen then went in for 4, 30 minute interviews. Took the applicants to lunch afterwards. Basic behavioral questions, but each interviewer asked how you would value a company.

Interview Question – How would you value a company?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Intern Interview

Dispute Consulting Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – Recruiting was done through my school's career center website. Normal resume and cover letter drop. First was a phone interview, and then a superday which consisted of 4 back to back interviews. Surprisingly no technical questions

Interview Question – Explain how to win an argument   Answer Question

Valuation Advisory Analyst Interview

Valuation Advisory Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – it was a phone interview. The person was really really nice. both behaviour and technical, very luckly, got to second round.

Interview Question – many questions regarding behaviour, you need examples for each one.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Question – resume and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Question – Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – The manager did screen interview and they dont do sponsorship. The interview was pretty casual, and HR is pretty nice.

Very Easy Interview

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Interview Details – Dropped Resume for On Campus interview. Was invited for the interview. The interviewer was a senior manager. The interviewer went over my resume asked questions what I did here. why finance, why valuation.

Interview Question – Very casual interview and then walk me through valuing a soda company. how would you calculate WACC, cost of equity, forecasting, beta. what do you think cost of debt is? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your valuation skills.

My advice: know your valuation concepts, understand finance concepts.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!

Duff & Phelps Videos

Duff & Phelps – Why Work for Us?

Sound decisions start with Duff & Phelps Here at Duff & Phelps, we know what it takes to power sound decisions: collaboration, expert training and insight. But ultimately, it all comes down to the human element: our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duff & Phelps interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by Duff & Phelps employees and interview candidates.