Duff & Phelps

3.1

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps in December 2011.

Starts out with a phone interview; pretty simple questions, just getting to know you. Then a 4 round 30 minute each in-office interview. Each interviewer asked you some finance-based and behavior-based questions and then allowed you to answer questions of your own. They asked questions about your resume as well.

Interview Questions
    • If company expected that they were going to grow at 5% over the next five years; what ways could you approve or disprove their forecast?   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2011.

I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met.   Answer Question
    No negotiations as I was coming from college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you unique to the other interview candidates?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that are relevant to the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

No technicals, all behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P?   Answer Question

Dispute Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.

Dispute Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

First round - On campus interview, more of a conversation. Second round consisted of 5 office interviews roughly 30 minutes each with VP's and above. Technical and behavioral type quesitons presented with some light conversaiton about background and experiences thrown into the mix

Interview Questions
    Salary and signing bonus were non-negotiable

Strategic Value Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in June 2011.

Starts off with some behavioral questions.
    Main focus of the phone interview was on technical side.
    All the technical questions were related to probability.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2011.

Met with service line leader, managing director responsible for supporting me, and employee at my level of hiring. Answered basic interview questions about what I could bring to the practice, experience, skills, and thoughts about what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • As a senior hire, was a very standard interview, so not much unexpected.   Answer Question
    Not much in terms of negotiation, as it was 2011 and we were still in a recession. I knew my market value, and they more or less matched it.

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in January 2011.

Went through a rigorous round of interviews from 9 to 12pm, but was primarily behavioral. Everyone I met was very nice and and firm looks like it has a respectable management in place. There was 3 different interviews for thirty minutes each.