Duff & Phelps

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview was 1:1 on campus. 2nd round was at their office in Chicago.

Interview Question – How do you get equity value from enterprise value?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.

Interview Question – The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as I was coming from college.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details – No technicals, all behavioral

Interview Question – Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

Interview Details – DP came and recruited at my university. After initially getting turned down for an interview, I spoke with the recruiter on campus and asked them to reconsider me for the position. They did, and an interview was set up for later that week.

At an info session before the interviews, DP told us to make sure we knew our technical information, because thats how most applicants get killed during the interview. Along with that, DP was definitely one of the toughest interviews I've had this season, asking very specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, either in a professional or academic setting, where you had a public speaking opportunity and you failed. And then tell me how you learned from that and how you would not make that mistake again.   Answer Question
  • What is WACC? CAPM? Free Cash Flow?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in March 2010.

Interview Details – The lady was very cordial and nice, but I was too young for the job.

Interview Question – How would you add to the company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – Hands down the most technical interview that I ever had.

Interview Question – How do you calculate Beta for a private company?
Whats the effect of $100mm issuance of debt on a company's financials at year 1?
Can you walk me through an LBO?
Why do they consider Mergers a P/E game?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!

Duff & Phelps Videos

Duff & Phelps – Why Work for Us?

Sound decisions start with Duff & Phelps Here at Duff & Phelps, we know what it takes to power sound decisions: collaboration, expert training and insight. But ultimately, it all comes down to the human element: our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duff & Phelps Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Duff & Phelps employees and interview candidates.