Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps
- Valuation Analyst (27)
- Analyst (8)
- Investment Banking Analyst (8)
- Dispute Consulting Analyst (5)
- Real Estate Analyst (5)
- Dispute Consultant (4)
- Intern (3)
- Valuation Intern (3)
- Investment Banking Associate (2)
- Strategic Value Advisory (2)
- Strategic Value Advisory Analyst (1)
- Financial Engineering Internship (1)
- Valuation Services Senior Associate (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Transfer Pricing (1)
- Analyst, Corporate Finance (1)
- Corporate Finance Analyst (1)
- Legal Management Consulting Analyst (1)
- Associate (1)
- Advisory (1)
- Director (1)
- Corporate Finance (1)
- Transfer Pricing Analyst (1)
- Valuation (1)
- Valuation Advisory Analyst (1)
- Dispute Consulting Intern (1)
- Complex Asset Solution Analyst (1)
- Valuation Summer Analyst (1)
Investment Banking Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in November 2011.
I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.
- The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met. Answer Question
No negotiations as I was coming from college.
Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps
Investment Banking Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2011.
I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.
Investment Banking Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2011.
No technicals, all behavioral
- Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P? Answer Question
Investment Banking Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2010.
DP came and recruited at my university. After initially getting turned down for an interview, I spoke with the recruiter on campus and asked them to reconsider me for the position. They did, and an interview was set up for later that week.
At an info session before the interviews, DP told us to make sure we knew our technical information, because thats how most applicants get killed during the interview. Along with that, DP was definitely one of the toughest interviews I've had this season, asking very specific questions.