1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Legal Management Consulting Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2010.

I first submitted my resume to their online job posting in November. I finally heard back from their HR department in mid-January in order to set up a phone interview with a the department supervisor via email. I provided a few dates and times at which I was available. A few days later I received a call from the HR cordinator around 12:00pm asking me if I was available for the phone inteview with the dept supervisor that day at 4:00pm. I said yes to the call, cut class short so that I can prepare and be in a decent speaking environment, and the call was nearly 30 minutes late in calling me. After waiting for the call I was reached by some guy walking down the streets of New York City. The interview went as follows:

1. What excatly position are you interviewing for?

2. Why do you want to be in consulting?

3. Do you have any questions for me.

(In the mean time our connection dropped several times because he was going thru tunnels and in elevators so having to recall him was frusterating.)

I asked him several questions regarding the position and his experiences with the company. One of the questions I asked was "What sort of qualities to do look for in consultants?" he responded "they have to be smart....

The whole interview lasted about 25 minutes. Most of the time was spent with me asking questions in which he didn't seem engaged at all. Very unprofessional.

So here I am today (mid March) still waiting for a response from HR to see if I made it to the 2nd round. I'm pretty sure I won't here anything back even though I emailed the HR recruiter and the dept supervisor that I spoke with asking where I stood in the hiring process and received NO response whatsoever. Even if they did extend me an offer or to move on in their process I would decline based on the lack of professionalism and organization with this experience. I can't speak for the rest of the comapny or other departments but the Legal Mangement Consulting dept was dissappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions