Duff & Phelps Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

9 interviews

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

No technicals, all behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2007.

Initial interview was over the phone. After a good experience there I was offered to visit the office for a series of interviews with the members of the group I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you unique to the other interview candidates?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that are relevant to the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2011.

I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met.   Answer Question
    No negotiations as I was coming from college.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in June 2011.

I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2009.

alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2008.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter followed by 2 office visits.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

DP came and recruited at my university. After initially getting turned down for an interview, I spoke with the recruiter on campus and asked them to reconsider me for the position. They did, and an interview was set up for later that week.

At an info session before the interviews, DP told us to make sure we knew our technical information, because thats how most applicants get killed during the interview. Along with that, DP was definitely one of the toughest interviews I've had this season, asking very specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time, either in a professional or academic setting, where you had a public speaking opportunity and you failed. And then tell me how you learned from that and how you would not make that mistake again.   Answer Question
    • What is WACC? CAPM? Free Cash Flow?   Answer Question

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!