Duff & Phelps Real Estate Analyst Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Phone Interview and then office interview

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in January 2011.

My initial communication was via e-mail to confirm I was still interested in the job I had applied for. However, I had applied for the same position several times within the past year (because there were constant re-posts of the opening). The most recent application was the impetus for my interview. However, one of the interviewers questioned why I did not apply for the position previously--major disconnect between human resources representative and the interviewers.

Each interviewer asked vague questions; i.e. "Tell me about yourself", "What does your experience consist of", "What do you know about the company", "why are you interested in the position" etc. One interviewer, in particular, was argumentative--not sure if this was a test to see how I would react to a difficult personality or if that was just his particular personality. In short, though, he was a major d-bag---damn it feels good to vent that. The other two interviewers were legit; although they had little understanding of the industry outside of their company.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you go to the school you went to, as opposed to another university a half hour away?   View Answer
    • What are your goals for promotion in this company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in September 2010.

The interview process involved a round of on-campus interview and a "super day" round of in-office interviews with the company recruiter and the real estate team consisting of 2 analysts, 1 vice president, and 1 managing director at the time. The questions consisted primarily of behavioral and experiential questions as opposed to purely technical questions. The people interviewing for the business valuation analyst positions were asked more techinical questions related to financial statement analysis and cash flow modelling. Though questions like those have shown up in the past, they did not come up during my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give your assessment of the present condition of the commercial real estate market (regional or national - you pick) or capital markets in general as well as where you see them going over the near-term.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

There was an on-campus interview, which was very straight forward and just asked you to go over your experience/skills. A few people got the 2nd round interview which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with VP's and above.

Again, there wasn't many technical questions. It was merely going through your resume and triyng to relate it to their position. Overall, pretty easy interview but they took a while to get back.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just why you want the job, how your experience will make you successful, etc.   Answer Question