Duff & Phelps

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Question – resume and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process involved a round of on-campus interview and a "super day" round of in-office interviews with the company recruiter and the real estate team consisting of 2 analysts, 1 vice president, and 1 managing director at the time. The questions consisted primarily of behavioral and experiential questions as opposed to purely technical questions. The people interviewing for the business valuation analyst positions were asked more techinical questions related to financial statement analysis and cash flow modelling. Though questions like those have shown up in the past, they did not come up during my interview.

Interview Question – Give your assessment of the present condition of the commercial real estate market (regional or national - you pick) or capital markets in general as well as where you see them going over the near-term.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was an on-campus interview, which was very straight forward and just asked you to go over your experience/skills. A few people got the 2nd round interview which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with VP's and above.

Again, there wasn't many technical questions. It was merely going through your resume and triyng to relate it to their position. Overall, pretty easy interview but they took a while to get back.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just why you want the job, how your experience will make you successful, etc.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in January 2011.

Interview Details – My initial communication was via e-mail to confirm I was still interested in the job I had applied for. However, I had applied for the same position several times within the past year (because there were constant re-posts of the opening). The most recent application was the impetus for my interview. However, one of the interviewers questioned why I did not apply for the position previously--major disconnect between human resources representative and the interviewers.

Each interviewer asked vague questions; i.e. "Tell me about yourself", "What does your experience consist of", "What do you know about the company", "why are you interested in the position" etc. One interviewer, in particular, was argumentative--not sure if this was a test to see how I would react to a difficult personality or if that was just his particular personality. In short, though, he was a major d-bag---damn it feels good to vent that. The other two interviewers were legit; although they had little understanding of the industry outside of their company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to the school you went to, as opposed to another university a half hour away?   View Answer
  • What are your goals for promotion in this company?   View Answer

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!