Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Valuation Analyst Interview

It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Applied online through on-campus portal. Got an email for a phone interview for the next day. Had the phone interview which was standard behavioral questions and then some technical questions about valuation. Pretty standard DCF, FCFF vs. FCFE, etc. Got a call for a second round interview - was going to be 4 interviews with 2 people each and a case study with a group. Had a dinner before hand where I was able to meet about half of my interviewers and speak with entry level analysts about their process. Interview "super day" came, they fed us breakfast and then I had the case study first. In the case study its you and two others, the case was pretty standard case, merger situation with lots of financial statements, etc. After that I was immediately taken to my interviews since I had had an phone interview for the first round, others had a break. Interviews all went the same, they all asked about a time I had valued something so I ended up talking about the same project over all 4 interviews. There were 7 of us and they said they would only take 1.

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Dropped Resume for On Campus interview. Was invited for the interview. The interviewer was a senior manager. The interviewer went over my resume asked questions what I did here. why finance, why valuation.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview and then walk me through valuing a soda company. how would you calculate WACC, cost of equity, forecasting, beta. what do you think cost of debt is? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your valuation skills.

My advice: know your valuation concepts, understand finance concepts.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Campus, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Campus, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

The interviewer was really nice. Actually replies to thank you letters. Asked mostly technical questions. What are the different valuation methods, explain DCF model. Then, as the explaining starts, he went into details and asked questions in the explaination given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2012.

Hiring process was very efficient. The turn around time from my application submission to the phone screening was three days. I was then flown across the country the very next weekend for a Super Day. Twenty-four hours after the interview I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult, or rather most broad, question I received: What is your outlook on the commercial real estate market in Suburban areas over the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was fairly rigid. They hire immediate graduates who don't exactly have the most leverage, even with 3 other offers in hand. I wouldn't expect anybody to move up their salary more than 5k in negotiations

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2012.

Applied online for the position and heard back in late March about phone screen. Did the first round which was a mix of fit and technicals. Heard back about second round a week later and set up an interview for the following week. Final round was three 1:1 interviews. Very friendly people who really want candidates who like the Philly area and are into Valuation (I am). Got back to me a while after interview to say they like me for the company and would like for interview with DC office, but I already accepted another offer by this time. Great place to work, if given the chance.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in June 2011.

I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2010.

The interview was split up into two sections. The first was a group case study interview with the other candidates. All candidates sat around the conference table with a valuation case and 4 questions to which they would present answers to a VP or higher staff member. The second part of the day consisted of 1:1 interviews with mostly mid-level staff. Mostly conversational and fit questions, but also a few technical questions pertaining to past experiences/education.

Interview Questions

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!