Duff & Phelps

Updated Feb 8, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2015.

It was my 1st round on the phone. Interview went very well. it was about 30 min and 90% of the time i was getting technical questions. Most of them about DCF modeling.

Interview Questions
  • In order to find Beta for US based private company, Is it okay to use company's Beta which is listed in tokyo stock exchange?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview obtained via on-campus recruiting in conjunction with formal online application. Interviewed by two friendly D&P associates for 30-45 minutes. I was given an opportunity to ask questions of them at the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. "Super day" featured several interviews containing a majority of technical questions.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

The process was very fast for the first round interview. The interview itself was only 30 minutes and on campus. I got the interview through a career fair. It was mostly conversational with a few technical questions regarding valuation methods and techniques...mostly DCF model.

Interview Questions
    • Starting with income statement how would you come up with the value for Cash on the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2014.

One on one interview, the guy was mostly reading off of a script with questions. The interviewer did not even work in the same department that I was interviewing for. Took about a week to get the first interview and another week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of technical financial questions: Cost of equity, WACC, Beta. A bunch of generic questions such as teamwork and ethical questions.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and heard back over a week. I actually interviewed with this firm twice before. Last year they did not hire anybody in the LA office so I'd say they really hire based off need. Interviewer was very friend and it consisted of a mix between behavioral and technical questions. Nothing too difficult unless you don't know your valuation.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF model.
      How do you get cost of capital?
      What is EBITDA?

Basic valuation questions so know your methodologies!

Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2014.

Applied online. Took 2-3 months to reply. After I received the phone call, I had a phone interview within a week and heard back that I made it passed the phone interview within the next two or three weeks. After that I interviewed with 6 VPs or Directors. It got repetitive but it is important to display your general intelligence consistently to all who interview you.

Interview Questions
    • If you buy a bat and a ball for $1.10 and the bat is a dollar more than the ball, how much is the ball.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Valuation Analyst Interview

It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Applied online through on-campus portal. Got an email for a phone interview for the next day. Had the phone interview which was standard behavioral questions and then some technical questions about valuation. Pretty standard DCF, FCFF vs. FCFE, etc. Got a call for a second round interview - was going to be 4 interviews with 2 people each and a case study with a group. Had a dinner before hand where I was able to meet about half of my interviewers and speak with entry level analysts about their process. Interview "super day" came, they fed us breakfast and then I had the case study first. In the case study its you and two others, the case was pretty standard case, merger situation with lots of financial statements, etc. After that I was immediately taken to my interviews since I had had an phone interview for the first round, others had a break. Interviews all went the same, they all asked about a time I had valued something so I ended up talking about the same project over all 4 interviews. There were 7 of us and they said they would only take 1.