Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Valuation Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interviews then a series of second round interviews in the office. The second round interviews in the office were 30 minutes with directors and managing directors. The interviews are technical and test interest in valuation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

I applied through school portal & interviewed on campus. The first round interview was a combination of technical and fit questions. I was called back for a second round at the office. This interview was also a combination of technical and fit questions, but focused more on how you would fit into the company. Overall, the interview process at Duff & Phelps was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was my 1st round on the phone. Interview went very well. it was about 30 min and 90% of the time i was getting technical questions. Most of them about DCF modeling.

Interview Questions

• In order to find Beta for US based private company, Is it okay to use company's Beta which is listed in tokyo stock exchange?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview obtained via on-campus recruiting in conjunction with formal online application. Interviewed by two friendly D&P associates for 30-45 minutes. I was given an opportunity to ask questions of them at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. "Super day" featured several interviews containing a majority of technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very straightforward and HR was extremely supportive throughout the entire process. Would recommend that applicants go over finance topics pertaining to DCF valuation and feel comfortable discussing them. In-person interview was a combination of both technical and behavioral questions with Directors / Managing Director - level interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why might P/E ratios differ for two companies with the same revenues?   1 Answer
    • How does the mid year convention work?   Answer Question
    • What aspects of risk is incorporated through Beta?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

The process was very fast for the first round interview. The interview itself was only 30 minutes and on campus. I got the interview through a career fair. It was mostly conversational with a few technical questions regarding valuation methods and techniques...mostly DCF model.

Interview Questions

• Starting with income statement how would you come up with the value for Cash on the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2014.

Interview

One on one interview, the guy was mostly reading off of a script with questions. The interviewer did not even work in the same department that I was interviewing for. Took about a week to get the first interview and another week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical financial questions: Cost of equity, WACC, Beta. A bunch of generic questions such as teamwork and ethical questions.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and heard back over a week. I actually interviewed with this firm twice before. Last year they did not hire anybody in the LA office so I'd say they really hire based off need. Interviewer was very friend and it consisted of a mix between behavioral and technical questions. Nothing too difficult unless you don't know your valuation.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF model. How do you get cost of capital? What is EBITDA? Basic valuation questions so know your methodologies!   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took 2-3 months to reply. After I received the phone call, I had a phone interview within a week and heard back that I made it passed the phone interview within the next two or three weeks. After that I interviewed with 6 VPs or Directors. It got repetitive but it is important to display your general intelligence consistently to all who interview you.

Interview Questions

• If you buy a bat and a ball for $1.10 and the bat is a dollar more than the ball, how much is the ball.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a brand?   1 Answer