Duke Energy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Process Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2014.

I applied for the job and heard back from a recruiter within two weeks through a canned email. I asked the recruiter a specific question about what "testing" during the interview means and was not responded to except through a canned response for the date/time for the interview. I interviewed for the job in the old building behind the fancy new Duke Energy tower. I met with two people who asked me a series of questions that had absoluately nothing to do with my skills. The questions were behavioral and were geared to expose weakness for which I did not do a good job even with military experience, 15 years professional experience, MBA, and other certifications. I waited 4 weeks and did not hear back from anyone so I withdrew my application with a note that stated if they wanted to consider me for employment that they would need to reach out by a certain date to let me know.

Interview Questions
    • If you had concerns about a manager being unethical in thier job how would you handle the situation.   View Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I was first brought in for a 1:1 interview with the manager that I would be reporting to. She was extremely friendly and welcoming. I then had a phone interview with someone who had just moved up from the position that I was interviewing for to a Recruiter position. She was also very friendly but asked pretty much the same questions as I was asked in the first interview so it seemed kind of repetitive and pointless.

Interview Questions
    • If you get this job, you will have to learn a lot of new software. How will you learn the new software and why is it important to learn it in that way?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Duke Energy.

One interview

one round of negotiation

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Be prepared to wait for a few weeks up to 2/3 months to be contacted once you submit a resume. While the hiring managers may be in a hurry to fill the spot, the HR process is painfully slow. The interview was professional and questions were relevant. It was difficult, but I expected it to be as a young man coming from a different industry altogether.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience in solving multi-stakeholder issues? How do you define success? Where will you want to be in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years? What is your take on professional development? What motivates you? How do you handle highly stressful situations? Are you willing to travel 70% of the time? Are you comfortable with relocating to Charlotte?   Answer Question
    Duke Energy does not like to negotiate, But they are competitive (

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2013.

Quick overview of the company was given in the beginning of interview. All questions were behavioral.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2013.

Applied online in late February and was surprised to receive a call in May asking me to come in for an interview (I assumed that I was out of the running). I was told that my resume had been pulled for two positions and that I would be interviewing for both on the same day. One was in the accounting department and the other in finance. Travel expenses were provided for by Duke. On the day of the interview, I first met with the hiring manager for an initial interview. It was easy and relaxing, just trying to make me feel comfortable with the environment. I was shown around the new office (really cool views of Panther's stadium) before I went in for the accounting interview. Once again, it was very fun and relaxing. The interview was more of conversation than prewritten questions that I needed to answer. Afterwards, I was walked across the street to Duke's older headquarters where I had my finance interview. It was with two finance managers who were both looking for people to join their teams. The interview was a bit more structured, but none of the questions were too difficult. Mostly behavioral. Got an offer for the finance position about a week later. Overall, it was a pretty fun, low pressure experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed your superior being unethical?   Answer Question
    I am very happy with the offer as a new college grad

Lead Financial Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2012.

I applied for the job through the company website and was called for interview in about 2 weeks. The interview was conducted by the hiring managing and her late arriving pen-tapping manager in a small cramped conference room with no windows. It was a rushed 35 minutes even though they said it would be 45 minutes. The questions were all behavioral based and did not relate to my personal experiences. They were intended to reveal weaknesses. I am a bit of a perfectionist and very good at what I do. I was an outstanding candidate for the job but the interview made me look inadequate because I couldn't relate the stories of failure and how I handled it that they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you promised a customer something you couldn't deliver or that was bad for the company.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Duke Energy in August 2012.

Four separate interviews, two by phone with recruiters and 2 on site. The first on site interview is with th hiring manager and the second on site with the hiring manager's peers

Interview Questions
    • Where do you expect to be in five years?   View Answer
    Names my preferred salary and negotiated from there.

Intern, General Office, Nuclear Plant Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in November 2011.

A few weeks after submitting the application, I received a call from my recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was about 30min long and was mostly leadership and group work-type questions. Overall, the process was easy and stress free

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest decision you had to make in college   Answer Question
    None. I accepted the full terms.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Duke Energy in April 2010.

Had an interview with the hiring manager for an application support position. Overall, there was some technical questions and some personality type questions. The technical questions were more like "do you have experience with x" vs "how would you solve x". Overall, the interviewer was very professional, and positive about the experience.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with SQL server (i.e. Installing, writing queries, etc.)?   Answer Question

realized that the job was lower level then I had gathered from the emails beforehand.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!