Duke Energy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

Updated May 25, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Testing was difficult and interview was behavioral questions...they were very prompt and everything started on time...class starts June 1st wgich is next week but still have heard anything yet...the only email I rec after the interview was that I passed the CSR test and it will be used in the hiring process and a recruiter will contact me with their decision

CCP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email and call a few weeks later to set up a 2-hour interview.
    They accommodated all travel expenses and I met directly with the supervisor for the position. He took me up to his office and told me about the company's WBS and about his background and the position. Then we went over my resume and discussed any questions I had. The interview was about 45 minutes long.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied: Febuary 25th, March 5th recieved email to schedule a 3 hour computer test. March 12th passed the 3 hour hard test on typing and math questions (7 out of 20 passed) and interviewed.

If you passed the test you were interviewed. It was like a cattle call and treated like a number and very disorganized. I passed the test with flying colors and was interviewed. Interview was only 3 questions and the rest was job description review. You had to agree to every job requirement or you were dismissed. I.E. "being on call" during storms and staying past normal schedule. The interviewer was boring and not interested at all.

Training was to begin "tentatively" on April 27th, it has been over 4 weeks and NOTHING. The interviewer told me they wasn't' sure when they would start. This HR is very disorganized. WILL NOT APPLY TO DUKE EVER AGAIN.

Interview Questions

• What previous job did you not like and why?   2 Answers

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy (York, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about two months later I was scheduled for a phone interview. They said they would let me know the decision within 2-3 weeks, but it ended up taking over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to implement a change. Describe a time you had to meet a deadline. Describe a time you had an issue with a supervisor. Describe a time you worked with a group of people from different disciplines.   Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Learned of position through an employee there, and applied on company website. 25 days later I received a request for an interview. Interview was scheduled for 15 days later. 45 days later I was informed I wasn't selected. The interview itself was an afternoon panel interview in which some panelists joined by video, and some by conference call, and one was in person. It was formal, but not high-pressure.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then about a 2 weeks later, I got a call for a phone interview. The guy was really nice and asked me several questions, including which HR department I would be interested in. Then about 2 weeks after that, I received an email for an in person interview. I picked two departments so I had two interviews. You'll have an interview with 1-4 HR people in the particular department. Be personable and honest. I was offered the position with my first choice a week later!

Interview Questions

• How do you think that your work experiences and classes will help you in this field?   Answer Question

Process Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

An HR recruiter reached out to me via a canned email. I followed up with a yes I would like to proceed with an interview and was given a date and time to come in. I also had a few questions about the job in the response and those were completely ignored. The day I interviewed it was weird. First, I did not interview in the fancy new building but some dump behind it. I was greeted by the manager who took me into a room with no windows near the entrance. There was a second person in there as well. When the started the interview they ran through an extreemly weird and bizzare emergency drill notification prior to getting started. They then jumped into roughly 8 behavior interview quesitons that I found very difficult...it was the first time I had ever been hit with those type of question. I was left very little time at the end of the interview to tell them about who I was...I found this bizzare because I didn't even have a phone screen so all they were going off was my resume...Based on my experience I could tell most of the people who worked there were in their 50's so if you are younger you might not fit in. Following the interview I emailed the recruiter to pass along a thank you note to the interviewers and was for a second time ignored. I ended up pulling myself from consideration of the job after 3 weeks with a note that said if you feel like reaching out please do else I am not interested in waiting to hear from you.

Interview Questions

• greatest weakness, issue with a manager, issue with a staff member,   1 Answer

Business Process Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and heard back from a recruiter within two weeks through a canned email. I asked the recruiter a specific question about what "testing" during the interview means and was not responded to except through a canned response for the date/time for the interview. I interviewed for the job in the old building behind the fancy new Duke Energy tower. I met with two people who asked me a series of questions that had absoluately nothing to do with my skills. The questions were behavioral and were geared to expose weakness for which I did not do a good job even with military experience, 15 years professional experience, MBA, and other certifications. I waited 4 weeks and did not hear back from anyone so I withdrew my application with a note that stated if they wanted to consider me for employment that they would need to reach out by a certain date to let me know.

Interview Questions

• If you had concerns about a manager being unethical in thier job how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Interview

I was first brought in for a 1:1 interview with the manager that I would be reporting to. She was extremely friendly and welcoming. I then had a phone interview with someone who had just moved up from the position that I was interviewing for to a Recruiter position. She was also very friendly but asked pretty much the same questions as I was asked in the first interview so it seemed kind of repetitive and pointless.

Interview Questions

• If you get this job, you will have to learn a lot of new software. How will you learn the new software and why is it important to learn it in that way?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

one round of negotiation