Duke Energy Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy.

In person interview. 3 people conducted the interview. Some people might consider a panel interview intimidating so I would say prepare for that aspect. Some technical questions about thermodynamics, tolerances, equipment fatigue and working in a plant environment etc. Many were general questions like tell me about yourself etc. They are very focused on company fit with existing personell and asked may behavorial type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What value do you bring to the position that other candidates do not?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in November 2010.

I applied through my school's engineering career services website. Perhaps a couple months later I got called in for an on-site interview. I did have to travel by car approximately 100 miles for the interview, but they took care of all expenses. After the interview, I heard back two dats later.

Better offer elsewhere

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke Energy in April 2009.

Interview for finance internship at Power station. 1 on 1 interview process which felt more like a meet & greet than an actual interview. Very informal. Pretty much just talking about the position. Met with supervisor, then sat and talked to several other interns who I later learned had a say in the hiring process.

Customer Project Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2009.

Required an aptitude test prior to being considered for interview. Interview was VERY non-traditional, using a panel interviewing technique called the "STAR" system (Situation Task Action Result). That system is a behavioral interview, NOT a traditional "tell me about yourself and your experience" interview.

Interview Questions
    • We all know some customers are difficult to satisfy. Tell me about your last "problem" customer, what the problem was, and how it was resolved. What was the end result? Was the customer happy in the end?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time at your previous position that you knew you SHOULD have done something to avoid a problem, but chose to do nothing. What was the result?   Answer Question

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!