Duke Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview Details – In person interview. 3 people conducted the interview. Some people might consider a panel interview intimidating so I would say prepare for that aspect. Some technical questions about thermodynamics, tolerances, equipment fatigue and working in a plant environment etc. Many were general questions like tell me about yourself etc. They are very focused on company fit with existing personell and asked may behavorial type of questions.

Interview Question – What value do you bring to the position that other candidates do not?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Electrical Engineering Co-Op
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's engineering career services website. Perhaps a couple months later I got called in for an on-site interview. I did have to travel by car approximately 100 miles for the interview, but they took care of all expenses. After the interview, I heard back two dats later.

Interview Question – n/a - All of the questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke Energy in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview for finance internship at Power station. 1 on 1 interview process which felt more like a meet & greet than an actual interview. Very informal. Pretty much just talking about the position. Met with supervisor, then sat and talked to several other interns who I later learned had a say in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Customer Project Apprentice Interview

Customer Project Apprentice
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details – Required an aptitude test prior to being considered for interview. Interview was VERY non-traditional, using a panel interviewing technique called the "STAR" system (Situation Task Action Result). That system is a behavioral interview, NOT a traditional "tell me about yourself and your experience" interview.

Interview Questions

• We all know some customers are difficult to satisfy. Tell me about your last "problem" customer, what the problem was, and how it was resolved. What was the end result? Was the customer happy in the end?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the last time at your previous position that you knew you SHOULD have done something to avoid a problem, but chose to do nothing. What was the result?   Answer Question

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!