Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com

Duke Energy Engineer I Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Duke Energy.

Applied as a former college co-op. The interview was all behavior based questions. (Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague etc). The questions were repetitive so be prepared to have multiple stories for similar questions. A lot of the questions were tell me about a time in a negative situation

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't prepared to share that many stories in which I dealt with a negative situation and made it positive   Answer Question

I decided to pursue another career field

Other Interview Reviews for Duke Energy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy.

In person interview. 3 people conducted the interview. Some people might consider a panel interview intimidating so I would say prepare for that aspect. Some technical questions about thermodynamics, tolerances, equipment fatigue and working in a plant environment etc. Many were general questions like tell me about yourself etc. They are very focused on company fit with existing personell and asked may behavorial type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What value do you bring to the position that other candidates do not?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke Energy in October 2009.

I was a co-op employee so the interview process was pretty painless. I already knew all of the people interviewing me. We went over projects that I had worked on as a co-op student and they asked be technical questions related to the projects.

They asked me about my future plans, undergrad GPA and where I would like to relocate to because there were not any positions open in the area where I had been a co-op.

Interview Questions
    • What type of projects have you worked on? What type of technical skills did you uses to manager these projects?   View Answer