Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke Energy
- Engineer I (7)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Co-Op (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Intern (3)
- Internship (2)
- College Co-Op (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Finance Associate (2)
- IT Project Manager (2)
- Co-Op Engineer (2)
- Customer Service Specialist (2)
- Design Intern (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Production Team Member (1)
- Change Management (1)
- Nuclear Engineer I (1)
- Customer Representatives (1)
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator (1)
- SummerMechanical Engineering (1)
- Gas Turbine Tech I (1)
- Reliability Coordination (1)
- Engineering Technologist II (1)
- Anonymous Entry-level Position (1)
- Intern, General Office, Nuclear Plant Development (1)
- Lead Financial Planning Analyst (1)
- Intern Nuclear Engineering (1)
- Nuclear Engineer Internship (1)
I was interviewed by a group of people, two engineers, an accountant, and one other individual whose job title I don't recall. They asked me six behavioral questions and then asked me if I had any questions for them. It wasn't too bad but the hiring engineer said "we will contact all of the candidates by the end of next week to let them know our decision". giving them roughly two weeks to decided, but it took about seven and a half weeks to hear back saying they chose another candidate. I assumed that was the situation after a month.
- Tell us of a time when you and a fellow coworker disagreed on a decision and how did you resolve it. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Duke Energy
Engineering InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy in October 2010.
Very informal down to earth interview. Mix of behavioral based and traditional interview questions. Follow up response after interview took longer than stated but was offered a position and accepted in the end.
- Name a time when you went through a change and how did you deal with it Answer Question
Engineering InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2010.
I applied for the position it took about 1 month to get contact from a recruiting agency. I had to take a engineering fundamentals exam which took about 1.5 hrs at the company's Indiana headquarters. It was very fast paced. I was lucky to finish the entire test. Lots of questions tight time frame. About 2 weeks later I was contacted for a interview. I was interviewed by 3 people. It was fairly low stress and I did not feel uncomfortable. Overall a positive experience
Reasons for Declining
I only declined the offer because it was a significant (10K) a year pay cut starting out. Unfortunately at this point in my life I could not afford the initial pay cut. In other circumstances I would have accepted the offer.
Engineering InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2009.
very easy intense interview with company
- what are your strengths Answer Question