Duke Energy

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Associate Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in late February and was surprised to receive a call in May asking me to come in for an interview (I assumed that I was out of the running). I was told that my resume had been pulled for two positions and that I would be interviewing for both on the same day. One was in the accounting department and the other in finance. Travel expenses were provided for by Duke. On the day of the interview, I first met with the hiring manager for an initial interview. It was easy and relaxing, just trying to make me feel comfortable with the environment. I was shown around the new office (really cool views of Panther's stadium) before I went in for the accounting interview. Once again, it was very fun and relaxing. The interview was more of conversation than prewritten questions that I needed to answer. Afterwards, I was walked across the street to Duke's older headquarters where I had my finance interview. It was with two finance managers who were both looking for people to join their teams. The interview was a bit more structured, but none of the questions were too difficult. Mostly behavioral. Got an offer for the finance position about a week later. Overall, it was a pretty fun, low pressure experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if you noticed your superior being unethical?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am very happy with the offer as a new college grad

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke Energy Finance Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Duke Energy employees and interview candidates.