Duke Energy

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Gas Turbine Tech I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy in October 2010.

started with online application, once selected I had to travel to Charlotte to take a timed wriiten test (POSS/MASS).I strongly suggest using the list of books given on Dukes website or at least an SAT practice book. I wore a nice shirt and tie to this but would say that I was over dressed. However out of roughly 25 test takers I am only aware of 3 of us passing. Results took several days to receive and actually a score wasnt given. I received a call to report to the 2nd phase of the process which was a physical test. It was not hard at all. You need to be able to climb stairs, carry various items up the stairs and follow the directions that were read out loud. We did have to torque a flanged into placed in accordance with the directions. Also, loaded a wheel barrel, moved the contents to another location. Another test required riding an elevator up several stories to take a reading from a gage mounted out on a platform. Once I passed this test I received yet another phone call which again was the indication I passed. At this point I was scheduled for an interview. This was a panel of 3 people at the actual site of the job. Interview was 3 hours long and the questions were mostly technical. First round of questions were general and I relied on my experience and training. The later round of questions were directly related to technical areas of the position I was interviewing for. I know that this is where I blew it. I have no direct knowledge of Dukes equipment being that I havent worked for Duke Energy. I was told before the interview started that I was competing with people already employed at Duke and we all got the same questions. The later questions put me at a disadvantage to current Duke employees.

Interview Questions