Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid-back interview that focused more on behavioral questions than technical. It was a three person panel interview, so be prepared for interviewing with multiple people. They were mostly looking for personality fit with the company and the responsibilities of the requirement. The interviewers were all senior level engineers and were easy to talk to and approachable. They went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable. The only problem is the response time which is 3 weeks to 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your work or school experience when a project faced an unexpected or unforeseen setback. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

why get tested if the person hired will be on the phone most of the time handling concerns and questions as well as the connections and disconnects of services regarding the customers needs.

Electrical Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Get the the operations center 30 mins early Sat in a waiting area until interviewers were ready. The panel made sure you are comfortable, and relaxed before starting the questioning process. Gives you reasonable amount of time to answer each question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know your resume and be ready to give work related answers.

Engineering Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Formal interview. Sat down with three gentlemen and was asked about 12-15 total questions. The first ten questions were typical interview questions from former work experience. Final questions discussed capability to work extra hours, etc. A few technical questions as well that were quite difficult unless you heavily researched or understood nuclear industry standards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were tasked to uncover an underlying conflict at work and how you were able to solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Testing was difficult and interview was behavioral questions...they were very prompt and everything started on time...class starts June 1st wgich is next week but still have heard anything yet...the only email I rec after the interview was that I passed the CSR test and it will be used in the hiring process and a recruiter will contact me with their decision

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application was very long and tedious. You had to pretty much rewrite everything that is already in your resume, which they also required. You have to select the basic qualifications that they require along with the desired qualification that you have and then explain in detail how you qualify. seems like a way to make you write more and get them out of actually meeting with you.

CCP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email and call a few weeks later to set up a 2-hour interview. They accommodated all travel expenses and I met directly with the supervisor for the position. He took me up to his office and told me about the company's WBS and about his background and the position. Then we went over my resume and discussed any questions I had. The interview was about 45 minutes long.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. (If you don’t live in Yukon, initial interviews may be conducted by phone or Internet video.) Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared. Know the requirements for the position Re-read the job description carefully, and ask your contact for any additional information. Make sure you have a solid understanding of all the responsibilities, skills, certification and knowledge required, and that you are able to accommodate the job’s location and hours. Visit the department site to get valuable information on its mandate, services and structure:

Interview Questions

• Examine each skill and qualification in the job posting, then review your own work and volunteer history as it relates to the posting. Prepare examples of experiences or successes that back up each requirement. Prepare for specific questions You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers. On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.   1 Answer

Nuclear Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was contacted to set up an interview at the Charlotte office. I was interviewed by two managers and they asked me questions from a standardized list and then asked if I had any questions for them. After this, I was treated to lunch. The nature of the interview was entirely behavioral (no nuclear/technical questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where communicating with someone was difficult or impossible, what did you do to handle that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had an opportunity to be innovative and improve a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a team that you worked on, what was your role and why was the team successful/not successful   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied: Febuary 25th, March 5th recieved email to schedule a 3 hour computer test. March 12th passed the 3 hour hard test on typing and math questions (7 out of 20 passed) and interviewed. If you passed the test you were interviewed. It was like a cattle call and treated like a number and very disorganized. I passed the test with flying colors and was interviewed. Interview was only 3 questions and the rest was job description review. You had to agree to every job requirement or you were dismissed. I.E. "being on call" during storms and staying past normal schedule. The interviewer was boring and not interested at all. Training was to begin "tentatively" on April 27th, it has been over 4 weeks and NOTHING. The interviewer told me they wasn't' sure when they would start. This HR is very disorganized. WILL NOT APPLY TO DUKE EVER AGAIN.

Interview Questions

• What previous job did you not like and why?   2 Answers