Duke Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014
50 interviews

Production Team Member Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Duke Energy.

After a long, but not too difficult, test they will interview with the STAR format. A book of all questions to be asked is provided ahead of time. As long as you take the time ahead to prepare, there are no surprises and you can go into the interview feeling relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • None really, you have all the time you need ahead to prepare a good answer.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Applied as a former college co-op. The interview was all behavior based questions. (Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague etc). The questions were repetitive so be prepared to have multiple stories for similar questions. A lot of the questions were tell me about a time in a negative situation

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared to share that many stories in which I dealt with a negative situation and made it positive   Answer Question

I decided to pursue another career field

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy.

In person interview. 3 people conducted the interview. Some people might consider a panel interview intimidating so I would say prepare for that aspect. Some technical questions about thermodynamics, tolerances, equipment fatigue and working in a plant environment etc. Many were general questions like tell me about yourself etc. They are very focused on company fit with existing personell and asked may behavorial type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What value do you bring to the position that other candidates do not?   Answer Question

Manager, Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Had a phone interview twice and then a 1:1 interview by my director. Met other members of my team too. Asked both behavioral and situational interview questions. I thought the process was fair and it was comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing an experience person could not answer. Mostly behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question
    Fair.

Project Controls Specialist Interview

Is a situation type panel interview process where the questions are predetermined and written and/or assembled by others and not the individuals asking the questions; some of which may not even understand the question(s) to begin with...

Too low of an offer.

Business Process Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2014.

I applied for the job and heard back from a recruiter within two weeks through a canned email. I asked the recruiter a specific question about what "testing" during the interview means and was not responded to except through a canned response for the date/time for the interview. I interviewed for the job in the old building behind the fancy new Duke Energy tower. I met with two people who asked me a series of questions that had absoluately nothing to do with my skills. The questions were behavioral and were geared to expose weakness for which I did not do a good job even with military experience, 15 years professional experience, MBA, and other certifications. I waited 4 weeks and did not hear back from anyone so I withdrew my application with a note that stated if they wanted to consider me for employment that they would need to reach out by a certain date to let me know.

Interview Questions
    • If you had concerns about a manager being unethical in thier job how would you handle the situation.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Duke Energy in August 2012.

Four separate interviews, two by phone with recruiters and 2 on site. The first on site interview is with th hiring manager and the second on site with the hiring manager's peers

Interview Questions
    • Where do you expect to be in five years?   View Answer
    Names my preferred salary and negotiated from there.

Supply Chain Operations Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Two rounds. First round consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager with basic behavioral interview questions (Tell me about time when...). Second round consisted of meeting with a few different managers include the hiring manager's boss. They were looking for someone with more technical savvy than supply chain knowledge to deal with the systems and incident tickets.

Interview Questions

Salary amount was not what I expected and was not told the range until the interview.

Protection and Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy.

I applied through the website and received an email asking to set up an interview time withing 3 weeks. The interview was with 3 people: the head of the department I would be working for and the heads of two other closely related departments. The interview was very relaxed and straightforward. There were 6-8 behavioral questions followed by some casual chatting. It lasted about an hour. They told me they would be getting in touch with me soon on their decision. I received a call 2 week after the interview telling me that they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself & your academic history.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you overcame a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your senior design project. How is is relevant to the real world/Duke's business?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Sell yourself. Why do you want to work for Duke?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Firm number I was told.

Operator Tech I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy.

I received an invitation via email to be Interviewed. It's been 2 weeks since being interviewed and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about things other employees did at your last job that you didn't like.   Answer Question

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!