Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interview was very professional and laid back. The attorney's present represented a wide range of disciplines and experiences. Interviewer's seemed genuinely interested in my professional experience and were very up front about the work to be done and the quality of work that was expected. Overall, we had a very good discussion and the panel members were extremely friendly and interesting.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid-back interview that focused more on behavioral questions than technical. It was a three person panel interview, so be prepared for interviewing with multiple people. They were mostly looking for personality fit with the company and the responsibilities of the requirement. The interviewers were all senior level engineers and were easy to talk to and approachable. They went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable. The only problem is the response time which is 3 weeks to 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your work or school experience when a project faced an unexpected or unforeseen setback. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Testing was difficult and interview was behavioral questions...they were very prompt and everything started on time...class starts June 1st wgich is next week but still have heard anything yet...the only email I rec after the interview was that I passed the CSR test and it will be used in the hiring process and a recruiter will contact me with their decision

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application was very long and tedious. You had to pretty much rewrite everything that is already in your resume, which they also required. You have to select the basic qualifications that they require along with the desired qualification that you have and then explain in detail how you qualify. seems like a way to make you write more and get them out of actually meeting with you.

CCP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email and call a few weeks later to set up a 2-hour interview. They accommodated all travel expenses and I met directly with the supervisor for the position. He took me up to his office and told me about the company's WBS and about his background and the position. Then we went over my resume and discussed any questions I had. The interview was about 45 minutes long.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied: Febuary 25th, March 5th recieved email to schedule a 3 hour computer test. March 12th passed the 3 hour hard test on typing and math questions (7 out of 20 passed) and interviewed. If you passed the test you were interviewed. It was like a cattle call and treated like a number and very disorganized. I passed the test with flying colors and was interviewed. Interview was only 3 questions and the rest was job description review. You had to agree to every job requirement or you were dismissed. I.E. "being on call" during storms and staying past normal schedule. The interviewer was boring and not interested at all. Training was to begin "tentatively" on April 27th, it has been over 4 weeks and NOTHING. The interviewer told me they wasn't' sure when they would start. This HR is very disorganized. WILL NOT APPLY TO DUKE EVER AGAIN.

Interview Questions

• What previous job did you not like and why?   2 Answers

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews and several communications by email. The first interview seemed to be more of a personality screening. The second involved my background and a conversation about general knowledge and thought processes. The person I spoke with liked my experience and my personality but I was lacking industry specific experience. They like experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with questions about my skills and experience. They wanted to know what duties I performed at my prior jobs and the reasons why I left those jobs. I told them that I relocated due to my husbands job and that I was now looking for employment. Otherwise it was a positive experience and I would have liked to have received an offer but apparently there was a more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience using Microsoft Excel.   1 Answer

Summer Commercial Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online in Oct 2014. Received interview invitation in Jan 2015. The Interview was scheduled over phone, which happened 5 days after the invitation. Two weeks later, received the email said I was not selected. The major reason I think is I didn't response the mini case question well. However, when asking questions, the interviewer was quite informal and the structure of the case question was not well arranged. Yet, they are not looking for IB or Consulting skills, it's better to chat with the interviewer more freely, making them like you.

Interview Questions

• Behavior, industry insights, and one mini case. The case was if there was a solar plant investment opportunity, should Duke invest or not?   Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Learned of position through an employee there, and applied on company website. 25 days later I received a request for an interview. Interview was scheduled for 15 days later. 45 days later I was informed I wasn't selected. The interview itself was an afternoon panel interview in which some panelists joined by video, and some by conference call, and one was in person. It was formal, but not high-pressure.