Duke Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in February 2014.

Interview Details – I heard about the company at an internship fair at the university, they were eager to know what I know about electrical engineering and what I do at school. I received a call within 4 hours of meeting them to interview with them, 24 hours after I had met them. The interview was excellent, they were friendly and I felt as if I was conversing with colleagues rather than being tested for a position.

Interview Question – Tell us of a time you things didn't go as expected and what did you do to solve the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Southport, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke Energy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submit resume online. Make it passed that, go to phone interview. Then job is offered.

Interview Question – Describe a time in past work experience when you had to go against what a peer or colleague wanted and if it was the right decision.   Answer Question

Transmission Engineering Co-op Position Fall 2014 Interview

Transmission Engineering Co-op Position Fall 2014

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview Details – Spoke with Civil Engineer at NCSU Co-Op Fair, was told to come to an information session the next day. Came there and signed up for an interview following the info session. Had an on-campus interview a week later. Interviewed with a Civil and an Electrical Engineer.

Interview Questions

• If two co-workers are disagreeing on a solution to a problem, how would you intervene and come to a solution?   Answer Question
  • If you were hired, and saw a process or problem within the company, how would you go about fixing the problem?   Answer Question
  • Why is it important to understand the company's rules, regulations and processes as a co op student?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time, whether at work, class or anywhere else, when you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview Details – I was first brought in for a 1:1 interview with the manager that I would be reporting to. She was extremely friendly and welcoming. I then had a phone interview with someone who had just moved up from the position that I was interviewing for to a Recruiter position. She was also very friendly but asked pretty much the same questions as I was asked in the first interview so it seemed kind of repetitive and pointless.

Interview Question – If you get this job, you will have to learn a lot of new software. How will you learn the new software and why is it important to learn it in that way?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview Details – One interview

Interview Question – What do you expect to be paid?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – one round of negotiation

Nuclear Engineer Internship Interview

Nuclear Engineer Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after submitting my resume/cover letter online to schedule a phone interview. Interview was 30 minutes long with a mid-level engineer who asked me why I wanted to work for the company and why I wanted to pursue a career in nuclear energy. He then proceeded to ask me generic STAR questions such as "Explain a time a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?"

3 weeks later, I received a call from HR to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. However, it was actually a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and another senior engineer. The interview was unbelievably comfortable, as we just talked about my classes, the weather, and why I wanted to work at Duke Energy.

One month later, I received another call from HR saying the hiring manager would like to extend an offer.

Interview Question – Why Duke Energy?
Explain a time that a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?
What was the hardest decision you had to make in college?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The salary is fixed and is based on academic standing.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Duke Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Once job application was processed interview was setup by corporate HR. HR arranged for all tansportation and hotel stay - very conveinent. Iinterview at work location done by supervisor and then by all team members. During interview with team members lot of details were shared about work and benefits. Job offer recieved within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your old job?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Electrical Engineering Co-Op
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's engineering career services website. Perhaps a couple months later I got called in for an on-site interview. I did have to travel by car approximately 100 miles for the interview, but they took care of all expenses. After the interview, I heard back two dats later.

Interview Question – n/a - All of the questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Design Intern Interview

Design Intern

Interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview Details – Straight forward interview. It was very laid back. The manager wasn't too knowledgeable of the work that I would be doing because he was new to his position.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview Details – Be prepared to wait for a few weeks up to 2/3 months to be contacted once you submit a resume. While the hiring managers may be in a hurry to fill the spot, the HR process is painfully slow. The interview was professional and questions were relevant. It was difficult, but I expected it to be as a young man coming from a different industry altogether.

Interview Question – What is your experience in solving multi-stakeholder issues? How do you define success? Where will you want to be in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years? What is your take on professional development? What motivates you? How do you handle highly stressful situations? Are you willing to travel 70% of the time? Are you comfortable with relocating to Charlotte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Duke Energy does not like to negotiate, But they are competitive (

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke Energy