Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with questions about my skills and experience. They wanted to know what duties I performed at my prior jobs and the reasons why I left those jobs. I told them that I relocated due to my husbands job and that I was now looking for employment. Otherwise it was a positive experience and I would have liked to have received an offer but apparently there was a more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience using Microsoft Excel.   1 Answer

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Learned of position through an employee there, and applied on company website. 25 days later I received a request for an interview. Interview was scheduled for 15 days later. 45 days later I was informed I wasn't selected. The interview itself was an afternoon panel interview in which some panelists joined by video, and some by conference call, and one was in person. It was formal, but not high-pressure.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

It was great! On the day of my interview, everyone I spoke and dealt with were extremely helpful and nice. I'm very excited to work for company and the fellow co-workers. The lunch was wonderful and I liked we had a chance to talk to young business professionals.

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Interview

Structured review by multiple people. Internship preferred. Your teamwork skill is more important than your knowledge. Show your good social skills during interview. Positive attitude will be an asset.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

The process took a while, I applied online in August, got a prescreener call later in the month, interviewed in the beginning of September, got offered a position in October. The interview was pretty straight forward and laid back. It was in STAR format. This interview was easier than a retail job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had a difficult customer, how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then about a 2 weeks later, I got a call for a phone interview. The guy was really nice and asked me several questions, including which HR department I would be interested in. Then about 2 weeks after that, I received an email for an in person interview. I picked two departments so I had two interviews. You'll have an interview with 1-4 HR people in the particular department. Be personable and honest. I was offered the position with my first choice a week later!

Interview Questions

• How do you think that your work experiences and classes will help you in this field?   Answer Question

Nuclear Generation(Electrical) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke Energy in November 2014.

Interview

I had just one phone interview where I was interviewed by three people. It was mosty behavioural questions like tell me a time when you have met a time, your biggest achievements etc. Few questions from course projects I had done- what I had done, what I found difficult and how I handled it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Upon entry, I was greeted by the hiring manager. Interview started with a powerpoint presentation on Duke Energy and an interview by the hiring manager. For the next 2 and half minutes, I was interviewed by the three different people in the financial department. The interview ended with lunch with two young employees of Duke Energy. All in all, the interview was 4 hours long.

Interview Questions

• What particular event/situation did you have to take control and use your leadership abilities?   Answer Question

College Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

They prefer to do in person interviews but my was a phone interview because I was out of town. They asked the standard interview questions like greatest strengths, weaknesses, why I chose electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

• A time you had a leadership position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Co-op rates are set at a corporate level.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Two ladies interviewed me, which is a surprise for me, because that is the different person I have been told of. The interview was about 20 mins long, asked about some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience about conflicts with your co-worker.   Answer Question