Duke Energy

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nuclear Engineer Internship Interview

Nuclear Engineer Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after submitting my resume/cover letter online to schedule a phone interview. Interview was 30 minutes long with a mid-level engineer who asked me why I wanted to work for the company and why I wanted to pursue a career in nuclear energy. He then proceeded to ask me generic STAR questions such as "Explain a time a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?"

3 weeks later, I received a call from HR to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. However, it was actually a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and another senior engineer. The interview was unbelievably comfortable, as we just talked about my classes, the weather, and why I wanted to work at Duke Energy.

One month later, I received another call from HR saying the hiring manager would like to extend an offer.

Interview Question – Why Duke Energy?
Explain a time that a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?
What was the hardest decision you had to make in college?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The salary is fixed and is based on academic standing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke Energy

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!