Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke Energy
- Engineer I (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Project Manager (2)
- Intern (2)
- Co-Op (2)
- Co-Op Engineer (1)
- Communications Manager (1)
- Nuclear Engineer (1)
- Project Controls Specialist (1)
- Design Intern (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Production Team Member (1)
- Change Management (1)
- Customer Representatives (1)
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator (1)
- SummerMechanical Engineering (1)
- Gas Turbine Tech I (1)
- Intern, General Office, Nuclear Plant Development (1)
- Lead Financial Planning Analyst (1)
- Intern Nuclear Engineering (1)
- Nuclear Engineer Internship (1)
- Transmission Engineering Co-op Position Fall 2014 (1)
- Operator Tech I (1)
- Protection and Controls Engineer I (1)
- Supply Chain Operations Consultant (1)
- Business Process Integration Consultant (1)
- C&M Supervisor (1)
- Process Integration Consultant (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
1 person found this helpful
Nuclear Engineer Internship Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2013.
Received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after submitting my resume/cover letter online to schedule a phone interview. Interview was 30 minutes long with a mid-level engineer who asked me why I wanted to work for the company and why I wanted to pursue a career in nuclear energy. He then proceeded to ask me generic STAR questions such as "Explain a time a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?"
3 weeks later, I received a call from HR to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. However, it was actually a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and another senior engineer. The interview was unbelievably comfortable, as we just talked about my classes, the weather, and why I wanted to work at Duke Energy.
One month later, I received another call from HR saying the hiring manager would like to extend an offer.
- Why Duke Energy?
Explain a time that a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?
What was the hardest decision you had to make in college? Answer Question