Duke Energy Nuclear Engineer Internship Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Nuclear Engineer Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2013.

Received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after submitting my resume/cover letter online to schedule a phone interview. Interview was 30 minutes long with a mid-level engineer who asked me why I wanted to work for the company and why I wanted to pursue a career in nuclear energy. He then proceeded to ask me generic STAR questions such as "Explain a time a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?"

3 weeks later, I received a call from HR to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. However, it was actually a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and another senior engineer. The interview was unbelievably comfortable, as we just talked about my classes, the weather, and why I wanted to work at Duke Energy.

One month later, I received another call from HR saying the hiring manager would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why Duke Energy?
    Explain a time that a project didn't go as planned, how did you handle it?
    What was the hardest decision you had to make in college?
      Answer Question
No negotiation. The salary is fixed and is based on academic standing.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!