Duke Raleigh Hospital

Candidate Interview Review

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Duke Raleigh Hospital in March 2012.

I applied for the position online and was contacted by the Nurse Recruiter. We set up an interview time and I had to have five references submit a form online, that they then combined into one anonymous form of input. The day I went in to interview, I first met with the recruiter who told me the day position I'd applied for was no longer available. The position was going to staff internally who wanted days. I understood the loyalty, but didn't want to work nights. I was encouraged to interview for the position anyway. When I was taken to the unit I discovered the person I was supposed to interview with had left earlier that day for a family emergency. The nurse educator didn't know anything about the interview but went with it, and interviewed me right then. I was contacted within two days with an offer for a nightshift position. I declined, stating clearly that I wanted to work days. A few weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer for a day position as one had just become available. I accepted. :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you experienced a conflict with a co-worker or family member and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    This was a lateral transfer, so there was no negotiation of pay. However, they encourage and support movement up the clinical ladder which increases pay.

Worked for Duke Raleigh Hospital? Contribute to the Community!