Duke University Graduate Student Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

On campus interviews. Individual interviews with four faculty members followed by interview by a panel of six faculty members. Questions focused on past scientific studies as well as particular areas of interest at Duke. Met with current graduate students to learn more about the school. Tours were conducted to showcase the laboratories and surrounding area.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview took approximately 45 minutes, where we talked about research and potential projects to work on. My advisor invited me to visit Duke for a look around campus and to have interviews. I had about 7 one-on-one interviews with other faculty that lasted about 30 minutes each. I then met with my potential advisor for a couple of hours and mainly talked about research. The interviews were pretty informal, with mostly scientific talk, little personality questions.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Duke PhD recruiting is different from other graduate programs. Doesn't matter how qualified you are, they match you with a professor... if there's no match, you won't get in. If you get the interview (campus visit), you're basically already in.