Duke University Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Question – What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Clinical Nurse II
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – The interview process up to now has been excellent. There was an open house for the facility in my town. The nurse managers were available to answer questions to candidates and interview on the spot. That was very successful. I was called back for a second interview and to shadow an employee for 2-3 hours, to make sure that this was what I really wanted, then I was interviewed again. I still haven't been hired, but I no that the job is mine.

Interview Question – Present a case in which you had to go over and beyond the call of duty in order to provide care to your patient.   Answer Question

Revenue Integrity Analyst Interview

Revenue Integrity Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter about the position, and hired to be a consultant. After being there for two months I was offered a full-time position. I received a call from the HR representative regarding the position. Intitially, I was surprised because the salary I was told the position offered was much lower than what the HR representative told me they were willing to offer me.

Interview Question – After hearing about the salary it took me a moment to think about what I wanted to do. Having made the move from home I was somewhat disappointed with Duke and my recruiter and ready to go back home. However, after taking some time to think and to renegotiate we found a middle ground and I accepted the offer to come on board. The most unexpected question was why would someone with my qualifications take this position at Duke?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially turned down the first and the second offer. We were able to meet in the middle and I accepted the third offer.

Clinical Manager Interview

Clinical Manager
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth, coordinated and effecient.

Negotiation Details – very smooth

MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES Interview

MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in July 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, I received a call several weeks later to conduct a telephone interview. Next I traveled to NC to interview over two days with all stake holders. I received an offer two weeks later, and started withing one month.

Interview Question – Certain clinical details specific to the organizations methods not employed at other facilities.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were open to negotiation withing the pay range defined for the role. The offer was very fair and competitive within that market.

Fellow Interview

Fellow
Durham, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – You first have to apply through ERAS - submit all of your information on that and then select which programs you want to send your information to. Then they may or may not invite you for an interview.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about research   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Durham, NC

I interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2008.

Interview Details – You meet team members one by one

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – be yourself. figure out which dept you will be under

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2012.

Interview Details – some pre-interview phone questions:

- why do you want to work at duke
- describe a difficulty and how you overcame it
- describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work
- what do you like about your current job
- what do you not like about your current job
- how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area)

actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions

• what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
  • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
  • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
  • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
  • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University Health System in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was surprised by the number of people at the interview. I wasn't able to really figure out why I wasn't selected. They were friendly though. It got a little awkward towards the end.

Interview Question – are you okay handling blood   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2010.

Interview Details – At Duke University Health System every division, department, group, etc. has its own interview process. I had interviews that consistent of a 30-min conversation with just a hiring manager and some that included a phone interview and then lasted half a day being interviewed by multiple people. Needless to say that some groups/ departments are more professional than others.

Interview Question – Do you know how to talk to surgeons?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – If you are changing job withing Duke University Health System the pay increase is minimal.

Worked for Duke University Health System? Contribute to the Community!