Duke University Health System Interview Questions in Durham, NC

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

give a talk to the lab, meet with everybody, ask about: • "how do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?" and "how do you influence them to adopt change?" • preferred working environment, management structure and style, how I fit into a group • tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news," • "tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like,"

Interview Questions

• mainly previous expeirence, good questions on scientific project, what is interested project   Answer Question

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Team lead and a supervisor. Position was explained and then questions were asked. The ladies were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable..I was asked if I had any questions. Some behavioral questions asked as well as skills questions.. The supervisor was big on teamwork..Good customer service is a must..

Interview Questions

• What is my definition of teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Would I have an issue asking a patient to pay money on their account?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months. It was difficult to get feedback in a timely manner and there were multiple steps that could have been condensed into one or two if people had gotten their schedules coordinated better. As a result, I took a job where my current employer conducted their interviews within 1 week and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about networking protocols and white boarding my understanding of networks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Waited 45 min to be brought back to start the interview. Interviewed by two managers. They asked questions from a questionaire..about 25 questions about skills and situations. I was then taken to the dept manager who asked a few questions and gave me her card. She was very polite as other two managers were and welcoming. Was called four days later with an EXCELLENT job offer and i will start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to deal with a customer who was upset? How do do you feel about a job sitting behind a desk all day on the phone?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions

• What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview process up to now has been excellent. There was an open house for the facility in my town. The nurse managers were available to answer questions to candidates and interview on the spot. That was very successful. I was called back for a second interview and to shadow an employee for 2-3 hours, to make sure that this was what I really wanted, then I was interviewed again. I still haven't been hired, but I no that the job is mine.

Interview Questions

• Present a case in which you had to go over and beyond the call of duty in order to provide care to your patient.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

You first have to apply through ERAS - submit all of your information on that and then select which programs you want to send your information to. Then they may or may not invite you for an interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

some pre-interview phone questions: - why do you want to work at duke - describe a difficulty and how you overcame it - describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work - what do you like about your current job - what do you not like about your current job - how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area) actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions

• what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
    • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty general process. I saw the job posting online and applied. About a week and a half after I submitted my application, I got an email from my PI requesting a phone interview. The interview was fairly standard (previous research experience, availability during the week, how many hours per week I'd be willing to commit to the research). I received my offer about a week after my interview.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was relatively extensive and positive. The interview allowed me the opportunity to meet with the entire team as well as senior administrators and gave me a full picture of the place that I sought to work. The interview gave me a great picture of what employment would look like.