Duke University Health System

Updated Dec 20, 2014
Updated Dec 20, 2014

2.9

Clinical Nurse I Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Applied online for new graduate nurse position. Got an offer for interview via email. Interview was consisted for meeting with nurse recruiter and unit manager and shadow with staff nurse for 2 hours.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2014.

Waited 45 min to be brought back to start the interview. Interviewed by two managers. They asked questions from a questionaire..about 25 questions about skills and situations. I was then taken to the dept manager who asked a few questions and gave me her card. She was very polite as other two managers were and welcoming.
    Was called four days later with an EXCELLENT job offer and i will start in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you had to deal with a customer who was upset?

How do do you feel about a job sitting behind a desk all day on the phone?

Answer Question

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

One phone interview, one face to face interview with practice manager. Basic questions about skill set, experience and team work. No question was really unexpected or out of the box.

Interview Questions
    • Question was asked about how I would handle a difficult co worker. Who knew this was an indication of things to come with that office. This office was dominated by employees whom have worked at this particular office for years and were very set in their ways and bad habits.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Questions
    Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Manager Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview with several people. Process was pretty quick. Was contacted about a week after I applied online and contacted a few days after the phone interview for the next interview.

Grants and Contracts Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview took an hour and a half. Interviewed with 3 different people because they had two different positions available. It has been several years since I have had to interview for a job, so I probably was not prepared for what I was about to walk into. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • I should've been a little better prepared for this interview. Oh well, maybe next time.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

NP Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Recruiter was helpful, took about 2 months to get an interview. After the interview took 4 weeks to get an offer.

Hours

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The interview process up to now has been excellent. There was an open house for the facility in my town. The nurse managers were available to answer questions to candidates and interview on the spot. That was very successful. I was called back for a second interview and to shadow an employee for 2-3 hours, to make sure that this was what I really wanted, then I was interviewed again. I still haven't been hired, but I no that the job is mine.

Interview Questions
    • Present a case in which you had to go over and beyond the call of duty in order to provide care to your patient.   Answer Question