Duke University Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Service Associate Interview

Patient Service Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one face to face interview with practice manager. Basic questions about skill set, experience and team work. No question was really unexpected or out of the box.

Interview Question – Question was asked about how I would handle a difficult co worker. Who knew this was an indication of things to come with that office. This office was dominated by employees whom have worked at this particular office for years and were very set in their ways and bad habits.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant

Interviewed at Duke University Health System

Interview Details – Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people who you work with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2010.

Interview Details – I went to the hospital in person to speak with a recruiter but a receptinist at HR stated that I had to submit my resume on line first. Since I was employee in the past, it would be a rehire, and I already knew people in management. There was no openingpositions available on line for medical surgical RN at the time of my interview. I went to see the manager for surgical floor but she was not in her office. I run into a clinical specialist, and he set an interview date with a medical floor manager for me. Three days later, I went in, had an interview with a medical floor manager (clinical specialist present in the room) and was offered an job. For the technicality, I still had to apply my resume on line. One of the nurses was retiring in a month, and I became her replacement.

Interview Question – The manager at the time asked me, knowing that I used to work for Duke Raleigh, what I would change about the work place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate at the time of hire but asked if I could have a weekend position (one of the weekend option nurses left) after working for a year. It was finally granted 9 months later.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in-person interview with several people. Process was pretty quick. Was contacted about a week after I applied online and contacted a few days after the phone interview for the next interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Medical Coder II Interview

Medical Coder II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was ok, long for a day and met with several staff members, and was given a lunch break. Very unorganized when I arrived and had to wait for a team member to come and bring me upstairs. The staff was very nosey and loud.

Interview Question – Why should we hire, what do you have that other candidates do not have.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minor

Grants and Contracts Administrator Interview

Grants and Contracts Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – Interview took an hour and a half. Interviewed with 3 different people because they had two different positions available. It has been several years since I have had to interview for a job, so I probably was not prepared for what I was about to walk into. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – I should've been a little better prepared for this interview. Oh well, maybe next time.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Durham, NC

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Question – What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Certified Medical Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

NP Interview

NP

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – Recruiter was helpful, took about 2 months to get an interview. After the interview took 4 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Question – They didn't ask questions of me   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours

Team Lead, Patient Accounts Interview

Team Lead, Patient Accounts

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2009.

Interview Details – Received an email for the opportunity to interview. I had a group interview, where supervisors along with seasoned employees interviewed me to see how I would fit in. Questions ranged from my work experience to if playing music bothered me. I knew immediately that I was hired, but also received an offer letter in the mail as well as through email.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I recevied what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke University Health System

Worked for Duke University Health System? Contribute to the Community!