Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months. It was difficult to get feedback in a timely manner and there were multiple steps that could have been condensed into one or two if people had gotten their schedules coordinated better. As a result, I took a job where my current employer conducted their interviews within 1 week and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about networking protocols and white boarding my understanding of networks.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Applied online for new graduate nurse position. Got an offer for interview via email. Interview was consisted for meeting with nurse recruiter and unit manager and shadow with staff nurse for 2 hours.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview with several people. Process was pretty quick. Was contacted about a week after I applied online and contacted a few days after the phone interview for the next interview.

Grants and Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Interview took an hour and a half. Interviewed with 3 different people because they had two different positions available. It has been several years since I have had to interview for a job, so I probably was not prepared for what I was about to walk into. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• I should've been a little better prepared for this interview. Oh well, maybe next time.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions

• What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I was surprised by the number of people at the interview. I wasn't able to really figure out why I wasn't selected. They were friendly though. It got a little awkward towards the end.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview is pretty easy. Then got reject letter stating over qualified

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System in July 2010.

Interview

Still waiting word if hired or not but overall interview experience was informative. Contact information of nurse recruiter was distributed as well as the minimum salary offered for entry level position was provided on a summary sheet. Interviewed with approximately 3 people but they were all one-to-one.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your co-workers' strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Bio Statistician II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2009.

Interview

This job was advertised everywhere. Every bulletin board, Monster, universities, etc. I don't think they characterized it accurately, as it was not truly a job for a statistician. What they were looking for is a SAS programmer with 5 years of experience. They told me 90% of the job is data management. Code samples required. 6 30-minute interviews with various staff. They do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here when the same job in the private sector pays more?   Answer Question