Duke University Health System

2.9

Team Lead, Patient Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2009.

Couple interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2012.

some pre-interview phone questions:

- why do you want to work at duke
    - describe a difficulty and how you overcame it
    - describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work
    - what do you like about your current job
    - what do you not like about your current job
    - how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area)

actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions
    • what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
    • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in March 2009.

I applied online, then figured out who was hiring. I contacted the employer directly, who agreed to interview me. I had an interview with the professor and her research team. It was a very positive experience, and I could tell the environment was very focused and dedicated.

Nursing Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in July 2010.

Still waiting word if hired or not but overall interview experience was informative. Contact information of nurse recruiter was distributed as well as the minimum salary offered for entry level position was provided on a summary sheet. Interviewed with approximately 3 people but they were all one-to-one.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your co-workers' strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Bio Statistician II Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2009.

This job was advertised everywhere. Every bulletin board, Monster, universities, etc. I don't think they characterized it accurately, as it was not truly a job for a statistician. What they were looking for is a SAS programmer with 5 years of experience. They told me 90% of the job is data management. Code samples required.

6 30-minute interviews with various staff. They do all the talking.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here when the same job in the private sector pays more?   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

Grants and Contracts Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview took an hour and a half. Interviewed with 3 different people because they had two different positions available. It has been several years since I have had to interview for a job, so I probably was not prepared for what I was about to walk into. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • I should've been a little better prepared for this interview. Oh well, maybe next time.   Answer Question

Medical Coder II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2013.

The interview process was ok, long for a day and met with several staff members, and was given a lunch break. Very unorganized when I arrived and had to wait for a team member to come and bring me upstairs. The staff was very nosey and loud.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire, what do you have that other candidates do not have.   View Answer
    Minor

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Phone interview and then in-person interview with several people. Process was pretty quick. Was contacted about a week after I applied online and contacted a few days after the phone interview for the next interview.

Data Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2009.

Online application. Face to Face. Follow up