Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in March 2009.

Interview

I applied online, then figured out who was hiring. I contacted the employer directly, who agreed to interview me. I had an interview with the professor and her research team. It was a very positive experience, and I could tell the environment was very focused and dedicated.

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in July 2010.

Interview

Still waiting word if hired or not but overall interview experience was informative. Contact information of nurse recruiter was distributed as well as the minimum salary offered for entry level position was provided on a summary sheet. Interviewed with approximately 3 people but they were all one-to-one.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your co-workers' strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Team Lead, Patient Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

Couple interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

some pre-interview phone questions:

- why do you want to work at duke
    - describe a difficulty and how you overcame it
    - describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work
    - what do you like about your current job
    - what do you not like about your current job
    - how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area)

actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions

• what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
    • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I was surprised by the number of people at the interview. I wasn't able to really figure out why I wasn't selected. They were friendly though. It got a little awkward towards the end.

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions

• What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Interview took an hour and a half. Interviewed with 3 different people because they had two different positions available. It has been several years since I have had to interview for a job, so I probably was not prepared for what I was about to walk into. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• I should've been a little better prepared for this interview. Oh well, maybe next time.   Answer Question

Medical Coder II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was ok, long for a day and met with several staff members, and was given a lunch break. Very unorganized when I arrived and had to wait for a team member to come and bring me upstairs. The staff was very nosey and loud.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire, what do you have that other candidates do not have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minor

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview with several people. Process was pretty quick. Was contacted about a week after I applied online and contacted a few days after the phone interview for the next interview.