Duke University Health System

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

I applied while a student at Duke. They informed us when the job posting would be released. It was closed rather quickly. This was one of the years when it was hard for new grad RNs to find work. I interviewed first with the manager, then had a peer interview. I think it took almost a month.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't surprised by questions. Maybe just about my skills, as I didn't know what they were looking for specifically.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Staff Assistant Interview

Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Questions
    Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2008.

Me and several other people were called in as a group to discuss the benefits, rules, and regulations, for working at duke.

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in January 2009.

Short interview process I work as an intern and they offered me a job really there wasnt an interview. It was just here is what we will offer you and benefits you will get. So I took the job it was pretty simple, wish I had interview now so i could

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in March 2008.

consisted of one on one interview, painless procedure, managers tend to be laid back.

no negotiation

Lab Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in December 2008.

The interview process was very casual. Because the position was a part-time position for a graduate student, the atmosphere was very informal. The interviewer (my boss) asked questions about items listed on my resume. Naturally she gave me examples of tasks that I would have to complete for the jaob and wanted to know if I had done them before. The office staff was very pleasant.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2008.

You meet team members one by one

Interview Questions
    be yourself. figure out which dept you will be under

NP Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

Recruiter was helpful, took about 2 months to get an interview. After the interview took 4 weeks to get an offer.

Hours

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question