Duke University Health System

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – I applied while a student at Duke. They informed us when the job posting would be released. It was closed rather quickly. This was one of the years when it was hard for new grad RNs to find work. I interviewed first with the manager, then had a peer interview. I think it took almost a month.

Interview Question – I wasn't surprised by questions. Maybe just about my skills, as I didn't know what they were looking for specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant

Interviewed at Duke University Health System

Interview Details – Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people who you work with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2008.

Interview Details – Me and several other people were called in as a group to discuss the benefits, rules, and regulations, for working at duke.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Data Technician Interview

Data Technician
Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University Health System in January 2009.

Interview Details – Short interview process I work as an intern and they offered me a job really there wasnt an interview. It was just here is what we will offer you and benefits you will get. So I took the job it was pretty simple, wish I had interview now so i could

Interview Question – What is your worst behavoir.   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Data Technician
Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University Health System in March 2008.

Interview Details – consisted of one on one interview, painless procedure, managers tend to be laid back.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Lab Intern Interview

Lab Intern

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University Health System in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very casual. Because the position was a part-time position for a graduate student, the atmosphere was very informal. The interviewer (my boss) asked questions about items listed on my resume. Naturally she gave me examples of tasks that I would have to complete for the jaob and wanted to know if I had done them before. The office staff was very pleasant.

Interview Question – will this job affect your studies?   View Answer

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Durham, NC

I interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2008.

Interview Details – You meet team members one by one

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – be yourself. figure out which dept you will be under

NP Interview

NP

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – Recruiter was helpful, took about 2 months to get an interview. After the interview took 4 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Question – They didn't ask questions of me   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Certified Medical Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview Details – First, phone interview. Typical and very low key. In person interview was slightly more aggressive with questions and discussed skills. Third interview wasn't an interview... more like meeting the big wigs in the office.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Durham, NC

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Question – What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke University Health System

Worked for Duke University Health System? Contribute to the Community!