Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

I found this job advertisement by a recruiting agency that I was using during my job search. The recruiting process took about 2 months, and it included a phone interview and on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as an assistant with clinical trials?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

give a talk to the lab, meet with everybody, ask about:
    • "how do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?" and "how do you influence them to adopt change?"
    • preferred working environment, management structure and style, how I fit into a group
    • tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news,"
    • "tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like,"

Interview Questions

• mainly previous expeirence, good questions on scientific project, what is interested project   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Basic questions: Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? You actually need to sell yourself. In case if you don't have experience tell that you are eager to learn new skills and you are very good team player etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Brief interview with basic questions. Came into the l office that I would work in and interviewed with my boss. Great explanation given on what I would do and what that office does. Talked about me.

Interview Questions

• How can I contribute to the position?   1 Answer

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Team lead and a supervisor. Position was explained and then questions were asked. The ladies were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable..I was asked if I had any questions. Some behavioral questions asked as well as skills questions.. The supervisor was big on teamwork..Good customer service is a must..

Interview Questions

• What is my definition of teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Would I have an issue asking a patient to pay money on their account?   1 Answer

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Applied online for new graduate nurse position. Got an offer for interview via email. Interview was consisted for meeting with nurse recruiter and unit manager and shadow with staff nurse for 2 hours.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Waited 45 min to be brought back to start the interview. Interviewed by two managers. They asked questions from a questionaire..about 25 questions about skills and situations. I was then taken to the dept manager who asked a few questions and gave me her card. She was very polite as other two managers were and welcoming.
    Was called four days later with an EXCELLENT job offer and i will start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to deal with a customer who was upset?

How do do you feel about a job sitting behind a desk all day on the phone?

Answer Question

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

One phone interview, one face to face interview with practice manager. Basic questions about skill set, experience and team work. No question was really unexpected or out of the box.

Interview Questions

• Question was asked about how I would handle a difficult co worker. Who knew this was an indication of things to come with that office. This office was dominated by employees whom have worked at this particular office for years and were very set in their ways and bad habits.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Interview

Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

I went to the hospital in person to speak with a recruiter but a receptinist at HR stated that I had to submit my resume on line first. Since I was employee in the past, it would be a rehire, and I already knew people in management. There was no openingpositions available on line for medical surgical RN at the time of my interview. I went to see the manager for surgical floor but she was not in her office. I run into a clinical specialist, and he set an interview date with a medical floor manager for me. Three days later, I went in, had an interview with a medical floor manager (clinical specialist present in the room) and was offered an job. For the technicality, I still had to apply my resume on line. One of the nurses was retiring in a month, and I became her replacement.

Interview Questions

• The manager at the time asked me, knowing that I used to work for Duke Raleigh, what I would change about the work place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at the time of hire but asked if I could have a weekend position (one of the weekend option nurses left) after working for a year. It was finally granted 9 months later.