Duke University Health System

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.9

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

The interview process up to now has been excellent. There was an open house for the facility in my town. The nurse managers were available to answer questions to candidates and interview on the spot. That was very successful. I was called back for a second interview and to shadow an employee for 2-3 hours, to make sure that this was what I really wanted, then I was interviewed again. I still haven't been hired, but I no that the job is mine.

Interview Questions
    • Present a case in which you had to go over and beyond the call of duty in order to provide care to your patient.   Answer Question

Revenue Integrity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2011.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about the position, and hired to be a consultant. After being there for two months I was offered a full-time position. I received a call from the HR representative regarding the position. Intitially, I was surprised because the salary I was told the position offered was much lower than what the HR representative told me they were willing to offer me.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing about the salary it took me a moment to think about what I wanted to do. Having made the move from home I was somewhat disappointed with Duke and my recruiter and ready to go back home. However, after taking some time to think and to renegotiate we found a middle ground and I accepted the offer to come on board. The most unexpected question was why would someone with my qualifications take this position at Duke?   View Answer
    I initially turned down the first and the second offer. We were able to meet in the middle and I accepted the third offer.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2009.

Hiring process was smooth, coordinated and effecient.

very smooth

MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in July 2009.

Applied online, I received a call several weeks later to conduct a telephone interview. Next I traveled to NC to interview over two days with all stake holders. I received an offer two weeks later, and started withing one month.

Interview Questions
    • Certain clinical details specific to the organizations methods not employed at other facilities.   View Answer
    They were open to negotiation withing the pay range defined for the role. The offer was very fair and competitive within that market.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

You first have to apply through ERAS - submit all of your information on that and then select which programs you want to send your information to. Then they may or may not invite you for an interview.

Data Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2009.

Online application. Face to Face. Follow up

some wiggle room

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duke University Health System.

I applied while a student at Duke. They informed us when the job posting would be released. It was closed rather quickly. This was one of the years when it was hard for new grad RNs to find work. I interviewed first with the manager, then had a peer interview. I think it took almost a month.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't surprised by questions. Maybe just about my skills, as I didn't know what they were looking for specifically.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2008.

You meet team members one by one

Interview Questions
    be yourself. figure out which dept you will be under

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2012.

some pre-interview phone questions:

- why do you want to work at duke
    - describe a difficulty and how you overcame it
    - describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work
    - what do you like about your current job
    - what do you not like about your current job
    - how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area)

actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions
    • what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
    • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University Health System in January 2012.

I was surprised by the number of people at the interview. I wasn't able to really figure out why I wasn't selected. They were friendly though. It got a little awkward towards the end.