Duke University Health System

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2014.

Waited 45 min to be brought back to start the interview. Interviewed by two managers. They asked questions from a questionaire..about 25 questions about skills and situations. I was then taken to the dept manager who asked a few questions and gave me her card. She was very polite as other two managers were and welcoming.
    Was called four days later with an EXCELLENT job offer and i will start in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you had to deal with a customer who was upset?

How do do you feel about a job sitting behind a desk all day on the phone?

Answer Question

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

One phone interview, one face to face interview with practice manager. Basic questions about skill set, experience and team work. No question was really unexpected or out of the box.

Interview Questions
    • Question was asked about how I would handle a difficult co worker. Who knew this was an indication of things to come with that office. This office was dominated by employees whom have worked at this particular office for years and were very set in their ways and bad habits.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the project managers who then conducted a phone interview and a subsequent in-person interview a week after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your work philosophy? or Where do think statistical methods in this field are going in the future?   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University Health System.

The interview process up to now has been excellent. There was an open house for the facility in my town. The nurse managers were available to answer questions to candidates and interview on the spot. That was very successful. I was called back for a second interview and to shadow an employee for 2-3 hours, to make sure that this was what I really wanted, then I was interviewed again. I still haven't been hired, but I no that the job is mine.

Interview Questions
    • Present a case in which you had to go over and beyond the call of duty in order to provide care to your patient.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Duke University Health System.

You first have to apply through ERAS - submit all of your information on that and then select which programs you want to send your information to. Then they may or may not invite you for an interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System in September 2012.

some pre-interview phone questions:

- why do you want to work at duke
    - describe a difficulty and how you overcame it
    - describe a situation where multitasking was necessary and how did you complete your work
    - what do you like about your current job
    - what do you not like about your current job
    - how would you rate yourself between 1 - 10 on the follow qualifications: interpersonal skills, technical ability, creativity, ability to learn, etc (whatever qualification you rated yourself lowest on, then they ask what have you done recently to improve yourself in that area)

actual interview was 1 hour in-person with hiring manager and clinical lead followed by 2 hour shadow of team members.

Interview Questions
    • what would your last supervisor say about you. who are some of the difficult doctors you have worked with and how did you handle them.   Answer Question
    • have you ever seen a classmate or coworker cheating (or doing something unethical) and what was your reaction... did you report it...   Answer Question
    • how do you multitask and deal with interruptions. what gets you stressed or irritated.   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you. tell me about your resume and how come you are not working in...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in January 2012.

I was surprised by the number of people at the interview. I wasn't able to really figure out why I wasn't selected. They were friendly though. It got a little awkward towards the end.

Revenue Integrity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2011.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about the position, and hired to be a consultant. After being there for two months I was offered a full-time position. I received a call from the HR representative regarding the position. Intitially, I was surprised because the salary I was told the position offered was much lower than what the HR representative told me they were willing to offer me.

Interview Questions
    • After hearing about the salary it took me a moment to think about what I wanted to do. Having made the move from home I was somewhat disappointed with Duke and my recruiter and ready to go back home. However, after taking some time to think and to renegotiate we found a middle ground and I accepted the offer to come on board. The most unexpected question was why would someone with my qualifications take this position at Duke?   View Answer
    I initially turned down the first and the second offer. We were able to meet in the middle and I accepted the third offer.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University Health System in February 2011.

Phone interview is pretty easy. Then got reject letter stating over qualified

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Duke University Health System in November 2010.

At Duke University Health System every division, department, group, etc. has its own interview process. I had interviews that consistent of a 30-min conversation with just a hiring manager and some that included a phone interview and then lasted half a day being interviewed by multiple people. Needless to say that some groups/ departments are more professional than others.

Interview Questions

If you are changing job withing Duke University Health System the pay increase is minimal.