Duke University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.6

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

very professional and curteous

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

The job applications are found online on the website. After filling them out and turning them in, you are called in for a one-on-one interview with the Peer Tutor Coordinator. The interview process is not difficult at all. As long as you meet their hiring criteria and are prepared for the interview, you are likely to get the position.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University in July 2010.

just like other interviews. no special stuff.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Duke University in July 2010.

My first interview was a phone screening with my current manager. After that I was invited on-campus to meet with various groups that work closely with my office. Each group consisted of 2-5 people. I also had to do a presentation based on a prompt. My interview was from 9-4 and included a lunch interview and a 15 minute break to setup for my presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe challenges you faced in working with difficult stakeholders.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University in May 2010.

The interview process includes a 1:1 interview about research work

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Duke University in April 2010.

I emailed my resume to the manager, who responded with an email requesting a phone interview. That went well (lasted about 30 minutes), so I was given a chance to come in for a face to face. I met with three people, then was tested on basic office software usage and writing ability.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a mistake you made and how you went about fixing it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University in April 2010.

There is no interview as such. One needs to apply to the Graduate School with GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores. The admission depends upon the academic background, relevant skills and prior research experience. Luck play a role here as well. The professor should have a vacancy in his/her group and availability of funds is crucial!

Interview Questions
    • I am not working in that area anymore, would you still like to work with me?   Answer Question

Analyst, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Duke University in March 2010.

Difficult and you must network in order to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    None, they made you feel lucky that you received an offer.

Training Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University in January 2010.

Applied online but sent email and resume directly to hiring manager. Had to use my network to find out who the hiring manager was. Duke HR does not give that information up easily. Had phone interview with department manager, group interview with operations manager and two people in similar positions to the one I was interviewing for, and a 1:1 interview with the executive director. Had to submit a written response to a job-related exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Create 3-5 metrics an organization could use to measure its progress toward implementing a new clinical intervention.   Answer Question
    Still in the process.