Duke University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email about a date and time for the interviewer to call me. During the call, I was asked a few questions and given a history of the department, but figured out what they asked for isn't what they were looking for. I was told I'd be contacted in two weeks whether I was selected for a second interview or not, but I never heard anything. Not even a letter saying thank you for your time.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duke University in July 2010.

Interview Details – just like other interviews. no special stuff.

Interview Questions

Bio Statistician III Interview

Bio Statistician III
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Duke University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone interview to discuss my background and relevant experience to the job being applied for. A few days later, I received an email requesting a 1:1 interview, which ended up lasting 2.5 hours. Met with 4 people individually. Basic statistical questions, but nothing complex at all.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Bayesian methods and Factor analysis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None!

Duke Engage Interview

Duke Engage
Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in November 2009.

Interview Details – The Duke Engage process required us to submit an application online and after that we had to interview with the site coordinator who asked a series of questions about personality, goals for the future and what we wanted to get out of the program

Interview Question – Why this program instead of the other 20 you could apply to   Answer Question

Staff Specialist Interview

Staff Specialist
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Duke University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to the manager, who responded with an email requesting a phone interview. That went well (lasted about 30 minutes), so I was given a chance to come in for a face to face. I met with three people, then was tested on basic office software usage and writing ability.

Interview Question – Describe a mistake you made and how you went about fixing it.   Answer Question

Peer Tutor Interview

Peer Tutor
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

Interview Details – The job applications are found online on the website. After filling them out and turning them in, you are called in for a one-on-one interview with the Peer Tutor Coordinator. The interview process is not difficult at all. As long as you meet their hiring criteria and are prepared for the interview, you are likely to get the position.

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant
Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the Duke HR website but also sent my cover letter and resume to the hiring manager. About a week later, I received a generic email from HR stating that my information had been forwarded to the hiring manager. The next day I received an email from the hiring manager inviting me to a panel interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and other department heads and staff assistants. Everyone was very polite and they went around the table asking different questions. Unfortunately I received an email one week later stating that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had to work on a project but didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Durham, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duke University in February 2009.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview took approximately 45 minutes, where we talked about research and potential projects to work on. My advisor invited me to visit Duke for a look around campus and to have interviews. I had about 7 one-on-one interviews with other faculty that lasted about 30 minutes each. I then met with my potential advisor for a couple of hours and mainly talked about research. The interviews were pretty informal, with mostly scientific talk, little personality questions.

Interview Question – What research are you interested in conducting?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process includes a 1:1 interview about research work

Interview Questions

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Laboratory Assistant
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in April 2011.

Interview Details – didn't prepare much for the interview because i've had previous experience in the area, so wasn't too worried. asked about gpa. offered a job on the spot and gave me a day to think about it.

Interview Question – what kinds of things did you do in your previous job?   Answer Question