Duke University Postdoctoral Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Interview

I had a serendipitous introduction that led to an off-handed mention of a job opening. I followed up on that lead and never really had a formal interview. I was lucky.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Very straight forward Postdoctoral interview experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

give a presentation, discuss projects with Professor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

During my PhD training I visited Duke for 8 months through a collaboration. I was offered to come back as a postdoc before I even got my PhD. I did not have a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• I did not interview as such, but I have been part of many postdoc interviews. The most asked technical questions in our department are always: "what can it be used for and how can it be commercialized". Even for very basic science, this question comes up and you better have an answer. Tip. Ask for your PhD supervisors grant proposals - your answer will usually be there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got my own funding, so we only negociated about fringe benefits, which my department ended up giving me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

presentation and meetings with group members

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2008.

Interview

I sent a email to a professor who has a similar background with mine. Then he called me after two days. No research topics mainly about the onsite interview arrangement. And one is how long does it take for me to graduate. During the onsite interview, we had a dinner together, then the next day I gave a presentation. You need to know your topic well. You will always have lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• all the question are not general questions. you need to understand your research very well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it is a postdoctoral associate, so not much negotiation. Everything is similar to very postdoc in the lab.