Duke University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.2

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple professors. Most professors were interested in asking me about my background. Then they each spoke about their ongoing and proposed research. I asked several questions showing interest and hopefully understanding.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Everything is decided by the PI, not the committee because of the culture. First will be contacting the PI with emails, after you will have a personal meeting with the PI. If the background matches, you will get the oral admission in the same day. The official admission will arrive in a couple of months.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

There is no interview as such. One needs to apply to the Graduate School with GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores. The admission depends upon the academic background, relevant skills and prior research experience. Luck play a role here as well. The professor should have a vacancy in his/her group and availability of funds is crucial!

Interview Questions

• I am not working in that area anymore, would you still like to work with me?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University in June 2008.

Interview

The principal investigator asked extensively about about my research interest and educational background, toured around the lab and explained the ongoing projects in mind for the coming year