Duke University

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University.

Interview Details – Everything is decided by the PI, not the committee because of the culture. First will be contacting the PI with emails, after you will have a personal meeting with the PI. If the background matches, you will get the oral admission in the same day. The official admission will arrive in a couple of months.

Interview Question – Everything is about your research.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no interview as such. One needs to apply to the Graduate School with GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores. The admission depends upon the academic background, relevant skills and prior research experience. Luck play a role here as well. The professor should have a vacancy in his/her group and availability of funds is crucial!

Interview Question – I am not working in that area anymore, would you still like to work with me?   Answer Question

Durham, NC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

Interview Details – It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Interview Question – What kind of research I am interested in?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in June 2008.

Interview Details – The principal investigator asked extensively about about my research interest and educational background, toured around the lab and explained the ongoing projects in mind for the coming year

Interview Question – How does Western Blot work?   Answer Question

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!