Duke University

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University.

Interview Details – Everything is decided by the PI, not the committee because of the culture. First will be contacting the PI with emails, after you will have a personal meeting with the PI. If the background matches, you will get the oral admission in the same day. The official admission will arrive in a couple of months.

Interview Question – Everything is about your research.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no interview as such. One needs to apply to the Graduate School with GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores. The admission depends upon the academic background, relevant skills and prior research experience. Luck play a role here as well. The professor should have a vacancy in his/her group and availability of funds is crucial!

Interview Question – I am not working in that area anymore, would you still like to work with me?   Answer Question

Durham, NC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Duke University in September 2010.

Interview Details – It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Interview Question – What kind of research I am interested in?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duke University in June 2008.

Interview Details – The principal investigator asked extensively about about my research interest and educational background, toured around the lab and explained the ongoing projects in mind for the coming year

Interview Question – How does Western Blot work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke University

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke University Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Duke University employees and interview candidates.