Duke University Research Technician II Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duke University in September 2009.

The interview process was straightforward, much the same, if not a tad less competitive than for similar positions at Ivy League schools (I interviewed and obtained a job at Yale as well). If you're sharp, and present yourself well, you'll get in. You have to be teachable for this job. Communicate that, somehow. If you lack experience, don't try to schmooze your way around that. There are plenty of labs around campus that can give you the experience you need. Don't make up anything/stretch things, and you'll do well. You'll be in there working with very bright/capable graduate students and post-docs. Look the part, act the part.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest strength? How will your skills allow you to contribute directly to this research? And what are your goals for the future?   View Answer
I negotiated a $2,000 salary increase above base offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Research Technician II Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Duke University in July 2010.

They never asked me specific questions about the position but asked if I knew how to preform various tasks that would be required but again never went into the specifics. The interview was very short and a 1:1 interview. They told me they would inform me of their decision soon and never heard about the status of my application.

Interview Questions