Duke University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted around 45 minutes, it was semi-informal, and more about personal traits and ideas for the role than experience. This is generally the tone for student interviews for this role however I think it varies largely on the professor employing. Some may even elect to have their current assistants interview new recruits.

Interview Questions

• What do you think might be beneficial for the students in terms of hands on application of the material?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much room to negotiate. The compensation is a standard rate university wide and the interviewer couldn't directly influence this. What was negotiable was the allocation of grading.

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Talked to a professor and asked for TA, since I got a great grade in his class, he recommended me to another professor to be the TA. The hiring process took a month and a half, which is ridiculous. But after that I can fill in online timecard which is very convenient.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Process was very formal and e-mail based. I learn of about the job through email. Employer requested references and we exchanged several emails before the interview. There was only one interview. Advice I would give is to think about how the job relates to your past and your future plans.