Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Found by recruiter who screened me. Phone interview with a team member, then brought in for in person with that team member, and then was brought back one last time to meet with several other team members

Interview Questions

• Ideas about some current projects they were working on   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

Met with every person in department, so although the process was lengthy, it wasn't too difficult. Getting past the phoner is key.....after that, it seems to be more about personality fit. Good people there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

At the first two phone interview rounds, it was fine, process was steady and smooth. and the recruiter was being all enthusiastic. Then for the next round, I came in for interview at their office. It was a long and confusing commute from Manhattan --2 hours from Penn station so I was already discouraged. I had to take a cab to the office from the station and arrived at their office finally. It was basic greyish corporate office, does not look like my go-to since I'm more into creative space with a lot of lights. The interview went for almost two hours, met with leaders of the team. I sent them a follow-up email one week after the interview and never heard back from the recruiter. After two weeks of waiting, they finally let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation when you realized an opportunity and took advantage of it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave the current position?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of the culture at your current position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I participated in many rounds of interviews all which were personality based. Some of these occurred in person and several over the phone. All interviews wanted to ensure that I would fit in with the team and the D&B culture. These interviews were not difficult just took time.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

I applied online and got notified to schedule an interview in a week. The interview was great! My recruiters are extremely nice and followed me along the questions They asked behavioral questions which were pretty common and easy to prepare.

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I started here as an intern - that "interview" process was great. Got in, no problem. Short notice to start, but I didn't care. After the internship was over I was offered a full time position. Kind of. I was up for hire, told I would be hired, but had to wait around for about a month before being told to apply for the position. As my hiring manager after that was my previous manager, the interview was more of a formality than anything. We both knew I could do what was needed because I had been doing it for six months already. The process was, more than anything, frustrating as my peers who had started their internship earlier (and thus were up for hire earlier) did not have to go through the same process - they just signed papers and were off and away - but due to some changes in leadership the process changed. This is fine, of course, but nobody knew what the process had changed to. That was less fine.

Interview Questions

• "So, are you happy that this process is finally over?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Had one interview with the internal recruiter, one interview with hiring manager and one phone interview with the next level leader. In person interview was mainly the manager telling me about the team I would be working with and their duties/work habits/responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• I was recruited and so the recruiter asked me why at this time I was interested in speaking with D&B   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hiring manager asked what my current base pay was and once I told him he said he would beat it by $10k

Model Validation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Received a request for a phone interview about one week after submitting application. Responded with availability twice over the course of two week and received no email in return. Found that the job was no longer posted on the website and my account was no longer active. Very disappointing experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in January 2015.

Interview

Purely behavioral/fit questions. I had a phone interview with an HR rep. Then, I gave divisional/locational preferences. After about a week, I had another interview with a manager in that particular division. That interview was also fit/behavioral.

Predictive Analyst Interview

Interview

I received the email from HR recruiter and got a phone interview(10 mins) with HR. Next, I had a technical interview(20ms) with manager. But they suddenly called me for the interview without any notice. Then they should reschedule it. Technical interview was very specific and focused on details of my resume. They required me to explain everything such as method, code.

Interview Questions

• They asked about very specifically projects and experiences.   Answer Question