Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ. The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Analyst Internship Interview

Interview

Phone interview with typical screening questions.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

The interview process involved speaking with a recruiter working with the company to discuss the position over the phone. Later, I was invited to come in to interview in person. I met with the manger and other coordinator. It was a good interview, and I was told I came in a close second. The company culture seemed genuine and I would interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• How to best communicate across the different departments.   Answer Question

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time. Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time. The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from within DandB to gauge my interest in one of their positions. I responded back and it took this person several days later to respond and pass me along to another recruiter. I eventually setup a phone interview with the hiring managers. After the phone interview, I was told they would be contacting me again to setup a in person interview, several weeks went by, no call from them, I emailed the recruiter, they stated that a decision to bring in face to face interviews would happen in the next few days and that I was a top candidate and would be brought in for an interview. Needless to say, several weeks went by and still nothing from them. I wasn't going to bother following up again. Not sure what they are doing over there, but their interview process is rather shady and unprofressional.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. The people were pleasant and open to any questions I had. Ultimately, I did not get the position but they told me they liked me so much they would keep me on file for future openings.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about what exactly I would do when I was in the company to help drive sales.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in March 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Questions

• It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Greensboro, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about a half hour - Followed by invite for face to face. I then had a half hour interview with same gentlemen that screened me on the phone and that was followed by another half hour interview with two other people. I also had a chance to check out the facilities and sit with some actual reps to get a feel for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell about the worst failure I ever had a t work and what I learned from it. Totally took me off guard.   Answer Question

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B. Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Questions

• She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question