Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Interview

multiple people interview ..common interview nothing to highlight

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter Interview; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; 1:1 Interview with Hiring Manager and Presentation to Hiring Mgr three AVPs or VP in region.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was better than I was making so no negotiation took place

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ. The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very professional, very well thought- out, started with HR, then panel, then hiring manager, and then back to HR. A lot of good communication up front, and throughout the entire process.

Analyst Internship Interview

Interview

Phone interview with typical screening questions.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

The interview process involved speaking with a recruiter working with the company to discuss the position over the phone. Later, I was invited to come in to interview in person. I met with the manger and other coordinator. It was a good interview, and I was told I came in a close second. The company culture seemed genuine and I would interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• How to best communicate across the different departments.   Answer Question

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time. Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time. The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from within DandB to gauge my interest in one of their positions. I responded back and it took this person several days later to respond and pass me along to another recruiter. I eventually setup a phone interview with the hiring managers. After the phone interview, I was told they would be contacting me again to setup a in person interview, several weeks went by, no call from them, I emailed the recruiter, they stated that a decision to bring in face to face interviews would happen in the next few days and that I was a top candidate and would be brought in for an interview. Needless to say, several weeks went by and still nothing from them. I wasn't going to bother following up again. Not sure what they are doing over there, but their interview process is rather shady and unprofressional.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. The people were pleasant and open to any questions I had. Ultimately, I did not get the position but they told me they liked me so much they would keep me on file for future openings.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about what exactly I would do when I was in the company to help drive sales.   Answer Question