Dunelm Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dunelm in May 2015.

Interview

Online application which took about 30 minutes, followed by a phone interview. Then there's a face to face interview with the store manager. If successful after that you're put on a trial for 10~ weeks where you shadow an employee and receive training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a fellow team member wasn't pulling their weight. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

The interview process was in three parts. First there was a phone interview, followed by a in store interview with one of the managers. After this there was a in store experience. This lasted several hours and consisted of shadowing a current member of staff. The purpose of which was to see if you would fit in well with the other member of staff.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunelm (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was the selection tests where they select who they want to telephone interview, if you are successful you are then invited to an assesment interview where u learn about the role, do some role plays etc and hv a short one on one interview! Following tht you hv an induction!

Interview Questions

• What would you say good customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were under pressure at work and how did u handle it?   Answer Question

Home Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Girl knew little about the job and little about when i would start and how long training would be and where, i was told 1 week in Leicester and turned out to be 6 weeks all over UK. make sure you're rich!

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through an agency so there were several stages there but once at Dunelm I was interviewed by the store manager looking at my CV and how I work, then 2 weeks later I had an interview with the area manager who did a very similar exercise but asked very detailed and probing questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the store between 1-10   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through an agency so was handled for me

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dunelm (Telford, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

It took 2 whole days. With activities such as building paper houses and doing art work for mini competitions. It wasn't too bad it just took so long and it was 3 weeks until I got offered anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my English,,?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm in May 2012.

Interview

intiial interview with buying director. Second stage numerical and analytical comptencie tests at their head office , Hr manager interview, presentation of project to md

Interview Questions

• asked me to describe a mutual colleague in 3 words- unprofessional   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

I was left a while before i got contacted about my interview, and was told my interview was a week later. I went to the interview and was told to go to customer services and ask for the manager at the time. I said to the person on the desk who i was and who i was there to see so they called them down and i waited for about 5 minutes for him to come down. We then went to a room and he interviewed me. I felt it went well, and then a couple of weeks later i was phoned to say that i had received the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dunelm (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruitment agency, applied for the position by sending my cv, Went for the interview and they asked about my previous experience, what I did at school and college. We had a good chat that was it really! friendly interview.