Dunelm Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birkenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunelm (Birkenhead, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for new store opening and got a phone interview which then lead onto a group interview. Was giving a time slot and put into a smaller group of attendees where we listened to a bit history about dunelm then did excercise's then finally a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dunelm (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online about 1 week later got an email saying got an phone interview to select a time n then rang me a couple days later then was invited for a store interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm in June 2015.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks altogether. I applied online and received an email the next day stating they were interested. I had a telephone interview the next day which was average but some questions were strange. I was told I would be contacted within 5 days however it took them over a week to tell me I had been successful. I then had a face-to-face interview the next week which seemed casual and just a chat and easier than the telephone interview as many questions were the same.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dunelm in May 2015.

Interview

Online application which took about 30 minutes, followed by a phone interview. Then there's a face to face interview with the store manager. If successful after that you're put on a trial for 10~ weeks where you shadow an employee and receive training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a fellow team member wasn't pulling their weight. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

The interview process was in three parts. First there was a phone interview, followed by a in store interview with one of the managers. After this there was a in store experience. This lasted several hours and consisted of shadowing a current member of staff. The purpose of which was to see if you would fit in well with the other member of staff.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunelm (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was the selection tests where they select who they want to telephone interview, if you are successful you are then invited to an assesment interview where u learn about the role, do some role plays etc and hv a short one on one interview! Following tht you hv an induction!

Interview Questions

• What would you say good customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were under pressure at work and how did u handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (Blackburn, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via college, had an easy painless interview, were I had to do a mock sale of a product then took part in a 2 day seminar/evaluation shindig. The process seemed to go on forever but was generally painless. The seminar/evaluation confab was fun and probably the best thing I experienced about Dunelm.

Interview Questions

• If you were a music band who would you be.   1 Answer

Home Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Girl knew little about the job and little about when i would start and how long training would be and where, i was told 1 week in Leicester and turned out to be 6 weeks all over UK. make sure you're rich!

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunelm (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through an agency so there were several stages there but once at Dunelm I was interviewed by the store manager looking at my CV and how I work, then 2 weeks later I had an interview with the area manager who did a very similar exercise but asked very detailed and probing questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the store between 1-10   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through an agency so was handled for me

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dunelm (Telford, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

It took 2 whole days. With activities such as building paper houses and doing art work for mini competitions. It wasn't too bad it just took so long and it was 3 weeks until I got offered anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my English,,?   1 Answer